𝟐𝟏. 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐅𝐅

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 the door of the Cameron's mansion, praying that Rafe would open the door. It would be easier to explain to him that I left my phone here than anyone else in his family. As if the world hated me, the door opened and Sarah and I stared at each other for a straight minute. "What are you doing here?" She asked in a nice, non-smug, tone.

"Uh..." I stuttered, "I need to talk to Rafe," I replied, hoping that she wouldn't ask into it.

"What did you leave here?" She asked me with a smile and my face dropped. It was like she read my mind and she answered, "I saw you two running down the stairs and out of the house holding hands," She replied and that didn't help my nervous state.

"It's not what it seems like," I tried but knew it was pointless.

"So you're not dating my brother? Because the look on his face would say otherwise," I mentally groaned, realizing that Sarah probably knew her brother better than anyone else did.

"Yeah... I am, but please don't tell anyone. Like, two people know about it and that's it," I pleaded and she agreed. She opened the door and I walked inside before she was called into the kitchen.

"I'm guessing you know where his room is, so you can head up if you want," Sarah told me and I gave her a thankful smile as she left. I quietly walked the stairs and pushed the door open to his room. The room was empty and I could see my phone sitting on the side table, charging. Before I could unplug it, a noise came from outside of the room.

I pushed myself against the wall away from the open door that I scolded myself for not closing it. From what I could see, Ward was walking downstairs as he tied his tie around his neck. They were getting ready for Midsummers. I could hear the voices but it was hard to hear what they were saying and I didn't want to eavesdrop.

I grabbed my phone and unplugged it, knowing that the coast was clear. I moved towards the door as Sarah came up the stairs. "I'll just see myself out," I told her but she moved in front of my way. "What are you doing?" I asked confused about the sudden change.

"I'm being forced to go to this party, and now that you and my brother are a thing, you are now my guest," She told me as she grabbed my arm and led her into my room.

"I don't think-- I, one, don't go to fancy parties. Two, I have nothing to wear. And three, I don't go to fancy parties," I tried to tell her but her mind was made as she closed her bedroom door.

"Oh come on. Have you ever wondered what it's like? Ever wanted to get into a fancy dress and have fun?" She expressed and I sighed. It would be nice, but it's not my thing.

"Sarah, it's a really nice offer, but this isn't really my thing," I explained but she rolled her eyes dramatically.

"It wasn't an offer," She stated, standing her ground. "I'll dress you up with hair, makeup, and an outfit, and you are going to go to Midsummer and have a good time,"

I knew I couldn't get out of this, no matter how hard I tried. So I complied, knowing that it would be easier than arguing a useless point.

✮ 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 ✮

Sarah sat me down in the chair and grabbed a box from the side of her makeup table. She set down the box and opened the lid, digging through the contents inside. Pulling out a foundation, powder, and concealer, she held them against my face, trying to match my skin tone. "I've gotten a lot of makeup packages," She told me before I could ask where she got all of this from.

She wiped my face with a makeup wipe and applied a small amount of face cream. Reaching past me, she grabbed a small tube with had the word 'primer' on it. To say that I was unfamiliar with makeup would be an overstatement. I've worn makeup before, but everything that Sarah was doing to my face, I was stumped.