𝟐𝟐. 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑

✮ 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 ✮

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 of the jeep, breeze blowing my curled hair behind my shoulders. Sarah closed the door and made her way into the side entrance of the building, where Midsummers was being held. "You coming?" She asked as she looked over her shoulder at me.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec, you go ahead," I called back as I stayed next to my car. The sun was bright for the late afternoon, and at the moment, I felt sick to my stomach.

What am I doing here? This wasn't the plan I had in mind. I'm standing a few feet away from the entrance of a Kook party wearing a fancy dress; this wasn't like me. But at the same time, I wanted to see Rafe. I wanted him to see me in a dress other than my usual shorts and a tank top. I wanted him to be amazed and speechless.

So I did the only thing left. I strung up the courage to walk inside the building. As I stepped through the doors, I could see Ward and Rose talking while Sarah was talking to Wheezie and Rafe, his back facing me. I stopped in my tracks, worried that I'd made a mistake when Sarah told him to turn around.

He turned around, showing his light blue suit and black bowtie which matched his complexion perfectly. His blond hair was gelled back and his face was freshly shaven.

Rafe's eyes widened as he saw the beautiful girl standing at the door. His stomach filled with butterflies who seemed to have chugged an energy drink. A smile rose to his face as he realized that the gorgeous girl was y/n; his girlfriend. By now, Ward and Rose had noticed y/n too and they were just as amazed as he was.

Her heels clicked softly as she walked towards him, hands fiddling with the sides of her dress and he could tell that she was nervous. His smile grew bigger as she stopped in front of him and instantly, he reached for both of her hands, taking them into his own.

Ward and Rose both realized what had happened. How his son was dating y/n, and honestly, he wasn't mad. She was a good kid with good grades and a bright future; a perfect girl for his son to be dating.

"You look..." Rafe let out a small breath, "Just breathtaking," He complimented and I couldn't hide the blush that rose to my cheeks. "I mean... look at you, you look perfect,"

I chuckled softly, "Not so bad yourself, Mr. Cameron," I replied as I gave his hands a small squeeze. "There's something that I've been meaning to tell you," I told him and quickly his face dropped. "It's not bad, I promise," I reassured immediately.

"For a second you had me worried," Rafe replied, as Ward, Rose, Wheezie and Sarah focused on something else, that wasn't the couple.

"I just wanted to tell you that I told Kie and my friend Maggie about us. Maggie guessed and Kie, well, I can't lie to her," I confessed and he nodded, "I'm sorry, I can tell them it was a joke if you want to keep this a secret," I babbled and he laughed lightly, pulling me into a hug.

I went quiet as he spoke, "I don't want to keep this a secret. I want you to walk out with me, if you're comfortable with it," My heart started beating rapidly and I could hear his doing the same.

"I--" I thought for a second, making sure this is really what I wanted. "Of course," He pressed a kiss to the top of my head as Ward called that it was time. I pulled away from Rafe, my hand still holding his.

"You ready," He asked playfully as the sound of guest clapping started.

Ward and Rose walked through the door and I took a deep breath, "Now or never," Rafe squeezed my hand as we walked through the door behind Sarah and Wheezie. As I walked with my boyfriend, I could feel the stares from all of the confused guests.