𝟑𝟐. 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐁 filled the sky as a bright glow rained down on the HMS Pogue, reflecting off of the crisp blue water that rocked the boat as we glided through the waves. A bigger boat was floating in the same position that we had left it the day before, with Sarah and Kie still aboard, hopefully, less angry than earlier. "If they try to throw any of us overboard, I suggest JB, since this was his plan," I noted as a sat up at the front of the boat, giving my back a small and comforting crack.

"I'm good with that," JJ added as he knocked shoulders with me playfully, while Pope and John B drove the boat closer, calling towards the girls who were already awake.

"You forget your keys or something? You need a tow?" John B shouted towards them as he pushed his sunglasses up his nose. "You gotta admit it was funny," He continued as both girls rolled their eyes, sending all of us a small glare.

"Mastermind, uh?" Kie frowned as her legs dangled over the side of the larger boat, waiting for us to pick them up. "Some patriarchal bullshit,"  She swung her legs over the side, trying to give off that their plan didn't work, but I could easily tell that it did.

"Yeah, that sucked," Sarah piped up as she rested her hands on her hips.

"You still love us though, right?" JJ asked as he tossed Kie the rope to tie up the boat. She began lacing the rope through a hook on the ship, ignoring the question.

"Yeah, whatever," Sarah brushed off as she glanced towards her boyfriend, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hey, you still hate me?" Mr. Loverboy asked and she scoffed softly.

"A little," She answered, squinting to avoid being blinded by the sun. "We're both gonna get you back when you least expect it," She added, threatening him, and the rest of the group.

"I'd watch your back, JB, you've pissed them off," I whispered as I pushed my hair over my shoulders, trying to calm it from the wind that was blowing off of the water.

"I welcome that challenge," Pope mocked as he rubbed his two hands together, "So, did you guys, you know..." He led off as Kie and Sarah shared a small glance.

"Not even close," Kie answered and a small sigh sounded from John B.

"But we're... willing to work together," Sarah agreed and a bright smile flashed across my face. I could already see that they had made up, just by their body movements. They weren't giving each other glares and they were closer then they would've been if they were still mad at each other.

"You know what? That's victory," John B cheered as I offered a hand at the two girls, helping them get down in the boat, while John B switched the ignition back on.

"Wiggedy-wiggedy-wiggedy!" Pope exclaimed as he brushed his fingertips with John B in a handshaking motion.

"All right, shut up," I announced as the boys began to have a smaller conversation between the three of them, "You guys ready to jack someone up?" Both girls agreed as John B backed away from the larger boat and soon enough, we were on our way, ripping through the calm swamp.

As the night grew dark, the wind calmed down and the cloud disappeared from the sky, leaving the stars to be bright, and the moon to be brighter. Gazing out the window, I watched we left the Pouge life behind as we drove towards the Crain house, ready to find the gold that could change all of our lives.

With the windows rolled down, I felt as if the small breeze which was circulating the van was the best feeling at the moment. Smelling the salty water as we drove over the bridge always had a way of calming my nerves, even in the worst times. And stealing from a crazy axe lady was definitely not relaxing.