3

we ended up at the Cameron's place with Top, Kelce and Sarah.

we were all sat outside on their jetty, their boat—My Druthers—bobbed about a few meters away.

"i wanna go to Barry's i'm almost all out." Rafe told us.

"who's Barry?" Sarah demanded.

"nobody," "somebody," "a friend," Topper, Rafe and Kelce answered simultaneously.

"who's Barry, Juno?" Sarah looked at me.

"he's... well he's nobody too important." i answered awkwardly.

Sarah rolled her eyes and got up, walking back to the house.

"you want us to come?" Kelce gazed at the water.

"nah, just June." Rafe stood, reaching his hand out to me. "we'll meet you..."

"the pogues are having a Kegger at the Boneyard tonight...?" i took his hand.

"we'll meet you at the Boneyard." he nodded, and led me away.

i always hated coming to Barry's.

not only because his shack of a house was on The Cut, but because it was filled with junkies who looked at me like i was shit.

maybe they should look in the mirror.

we bumped down the dusty track on Rafe's bike, Barry's house coming into view, and the bike drew to a halt.

"stay here." Rafe told me, handing me his helmet.

i hated anyone telling me what to do, but i listened to him and watched him disappear inside.

a while later, Rafe came out looking satisfied.

we drove back to my place, where Kelce was chatting to Hector, my little brother.

"hey, Hec." i ruffled his hair.

"hey, June." he jumped up and managed a quick pat to my hair.

the boys laughed as i swatted at Hec, trying to fix my hair.

"can i come to the Kegger tonight?" he asked hopefully.

"you're 14, Hector, you're not coming."

"is Wheezie going?" he turned to Rafe.

"she better not be." he frowned.

"you stay here, invite Wheezie over if you like, whatever—but i better not catch you at the beach." i said sternly.

he sighed but went outside and got on his quad-bike to ride over to Tanny Hill to find the youngest Cameron.

we all went up to my room, Top and Kelce sprawled out on my sofa, Rafe and i propped up on my bed.

"i'm gonna change, i'm covered in dust." i stated.

i turned to Rafe, taking in his pink shorts and white top.

i rifled through my closet, picking out a similarly coloured pink dress, then entering my bathroom to change.

i could hear the boys talking, but i couldn't make out what they were saying.

i brushed out my hair and put a white alice-band on, then touched up my makeup.

"you look nice." Rafe smirked as i exited the bathroom.

"what's new?" i said flatly.

"touché," he smirked. "you ready?"

i nodded.