24

"hey, wake up." i shook Rafe's shoulder gently.

he hadn't been out of his room for the past week, not even letting me stay over.

i'd woken up early, and went to get him breakfast.

"hey," he said, smiling lightly.

i smiled back, then he remembered and his face dropped.

"it's real, isn't it?" he asked as he always did.

"yeah." i replied, as i always did. "i brought you breakfast."

"i'm not hungry."

"you should eat."

"i said i'm not hungry, Juno." he rolled over, facing away from me and pulling the covers over his head.

"i'll leave it on the dresser." i said, putting the bag down. "don't let it go cold."

Rafe didn't reply.

"i'm going now,"

i made my way to the door.

"wait," he mumbled.

"what?"

"please stay. you don't have to talk i just... i'm scared i'll do something stupid if i'm left alone." he sat up, removing the duvet from his head.

"jesus, Rafe. of course i'll stay. i'll just go down and call Suri to cancel our plans. do you want anything?"

"just water. with ice and lemon. maybe a shot of tequila too." he smiled weakly.

i gave a small smile in return and went downstairs.

i explained what was happening to Suri, totally understood.

i thought about calling Topper, but decided against it.

i poured some ice water with lemon for Rafe, and grabbed two glasses and a bottle of tequila from the cabinet, hoping Rose and Ward wouldn't mind.

Rafe was eating the bagel i brought when i got back.

"thanks," he said as i put the drinks down beside him.

i poured a glass of tequila and handed it to him, before pouring my own.

"here's to..."

"here's to never living without each other." he clinked his glass against mine and we drank deeply.

i set about tidying his room.

most of the stuff on the floor was mine anyway.

when i finally finished, Rafe was watching me.

"come here," he said quietly.

i did as he asked, and his gaze softened as i sat on his hips.

"i don't know what i'd do without you." he choked out.

"you'd be fine," i rolled my eyes, smiling at him.

"why do you love me?"

i was taken aback by the question. "well... you're hard work... you're mean, and stubborn and a pretty shitty person—but so am i. we balance each other out and..."

i frowned. "i didn't really know what love was. i love Dad and Mom and Hector and Top, but i guess could live without them. if something ever happened to you then... i don't know." i sighed. "i'd feel lost."

"i love you, Juno. my Juno."

Rafe kissed me deeply, and i don't know if it was him or me that tasted of tequila.

"i love you too. always."

forever is a long time.

but if there was one person i'd spend it with, it would be Rafe.

the one person i'd die for, the one person i'd live for, the one person i'd kill for.

and he was mine.

all mine.

AUTHORS NOTE
hi lovely angels, tysm for reading this. it means sososososososo much to me! please comment what you think, if the parts are long enough, if you want longer or shorter ones, and any tips for me!

anyways, can't believe we're at the end, stay tuned for season 2 of OBX when i can carry on the storyyy 😩😩😩