SEVENTEEN

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

When Kyla had arrived home that afternoon like she had told the Pogues she would have, her parents were furious. Especially her mother. She had to explain to her mom that she was just out with Sarah a lot at the Cameron house, and that they were doing a "special girl time". Anna then asked about Kiara, and Kyla told her mom that Kiara was with her and that they were reconciling their friendships.

That seemed to calm her mom down a lot, but she was still mad that they didn't tell her where they were.

But, Kyla was left off the hook — which wasn't surprising — and went to bed that night in a worried state. She couldn't believe that Ward might have killed Big John, and that he knew about the gold.

But she had never seen John B act like that before, so it had to be true. And she did know how violent Ward could become when he got mad after seeing him strangle Topper for calling his daughter a slut.

And then the next day, she spent the whole day at home covering for her sister. She kept saying that Kiara was out with Sarah and she was giving them some time to talk by themselves. She also mentioned that at the night of Midsummers, she left to go see that Kiara was okay and ended up staying up all night with her just laughing and talking.

Totally not a lie.

She then walked out to get the newspaper before a car pulled up and honked. Kyla looked up to see the window roll down, showing Rafe in the driver's seat with Tara next to them in the passenger's seat. Kyla furrowed her brows, looking over her shoulder to see that her mother hadn't come out.

She then placed the newspaper back down onto the driveway and slowly walked over to the car, her brows still creased. "What are you two doing here?" Kyla asked.

"We need to talk to you," Tara said, pretending to sound sad to make Kyla want to listen. "Hop inside."

Kyla glanced at Rafe, who kept on blinking rapidly and bouncing his leg. "Did something happen?" Kyla questioned slowly, looking back at Tara. "Because a few days ago, you pretty much made it clear that you didn't wanna talk to me."

"Multiple things did, yes," Tara confirmed. "Just get in, please. We gotta get somewhere, which is one of the things that's happening right now."

Kyla glanced back at Rafe, who nodded at her. She then sighed and pulled open the back door, getting inside the car behind Tara's seat. Rafe then started to drive off rather quickly. "What's so urgent that you need to talk to me while driving, guys?" Kyla said.