THIRTY NINE

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"I still can't believe that you're related to Denmark Tanny," John B said to Pope in shock once they made their way back from his great-grandmother's place. He had told them that he was related to Denmark, making this whole thing way more personal.

"Uh-huh!" JJ said excitedly.

"Are we in the presence of a royal?" John B asked and Kyla grinned at Pope, sitting next to Kiara on a container.

"A king?" JJ walked over to Pope and started to pretend to place a crown on him, "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill!" he said in a horrible British accent. "We're not worthy!"

"Bow down," Kiara instructed before they all started to bow down to him, messing around.

"We must praise you, our king," Kyla added playfully, laughing with Kiara and Sarah.

"All right, all right, everybody relax. Can we relax, please?" Pope questioned, not liking the spotlight.

"Relocate the Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah asked slowly.

"I'm with that," JJ replied, pointed at her.

"How soon can we move in?" Kiara inquired.

"'Cause I don't have a place to stay, so..." JJ pointed out.

"Us either," Kiara said, pointing at herself and Kyla. "Bunk beds?" she suggested.

"Bunk beds. Cheers to that," JJ said as he held out his beer towards Kiara, who clanked her own on it. He then gestured the can over to Kyla, who was just drinking a water bottle.

She gave him a once-over before she looked back at Pope, ignoring JJ. She noticed that Pope seemed deep in thought. "What's on your mind?" she asked the boy, and JJ nodded to himself, accepting that Kyla was still mad at him as he took a sip of his drink.

"I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent. It had the wheat symbol on it. Like, that must mean it has something to do with the Royal Merchant," he told them, making them get serious.

"Yeah. Something seems fishy," JJ agreed.

"But if we find that cross, we can split it like we were gonna split the gold," Pope continued.

"Yeah. I'm with that."

"And live happily ever after?" Limbrey asked, walking up them with the man that chased them down behind her. She was holding a black umbrella, as well. Kyla's eyes widened as she looked between the two of them, not knowing what to do. How did they find us?