NINETEEN

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒖𝒏

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Later that day, as Kiara drove the car to where John B directed her to go from the backseat, they all sat in silence other than John B's few directions. No one wanted to say anything after what Kyla and John B had told them. Or rather, they didn't know what to say. Kyla was thankful for that, though, because she really didn't feel like answering any questions.

She had also told them about the fact that Rafe and Tara had been sleeping together, which explained why Tara wanted to...kill her. Well, it wasn't exactly a good explanation since murdering someone because you were jealous isn't a good reason to kill someone, but...Kyla just didn't want any questions.

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" JJ asked once the Twinkie neared the station.

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened," John B told him before Pope started coughing like crazy, the blunt still in his hand.

"Easy there, chief. Damn," JJ said. Once Pope had calmed down, JJ sat up in his chair and placed a hand on John B's shoulder. "All right. I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is."

"Your old man's an abusive liar," Kiara pointed out bluntly. Kyla stayed quiet in the seat next to JJ, looking at her hands in her lap.

"I agree with JJ. Fuck the police," Pope said in a deep voice.

"Oh, you goin' to the dark side now?" Kiara asked.

"When's the last time the police ever helped us?" Pope questioned quickly.

"Peterkin looked out for me, all right? Tried to, at least," John B said and everyone shut up, looking at him. "They need to know."

"I agree with John B," Kyla spoke up, making everyone look at her with wide eyes since she was barely speaking that night. "If it means...putting Rafe away to a place where he can't hurt anyone anymore then...I say we do it," she explained softly and slowly, looking up from her hands.

John B slowly nodded before he opened the car door and got out, walking over to building before he entered.

Once Kyla saw that John B had entered the station, she muttered, "This is all my fault."

"Ky, don't say that, all right? There was nothing you could have done to stop Ward or Rafe," JJ told her quickly.

She shook her head. "If I had just waited a little bit longer to break up with Rafe...he would have never spiraled like this," she said, licking her lips. She couldn't cry anymore, but now her throat and mouth had just been dry.