01

It's not bad being a Pouge, Y/N thought to herself. Well not all of it. There is the occasional brawl with the Kooks of course, but that has become normal in the obx.

Besides, there were many things to be grateful for, one of those things being her amazing friends; John B, Sarah, Kiara, Pope, and most of all JJ.

JJ had been by Y/n's side ever since they were younger. He was there for her first pouge on kook fight, in which she had started fighting with Sarah cameron over something neither of them could remember since it was so long ago. Thankfully the past had flown away and new bonds between her and Sarah had been built.

"Hey," Y/n whispered to JJ.
"Yeah?" he whispered back.
"Text John B and tell him to hurry up and get here, we are all sitting here, getting all sandy while waiting on him and Sarah, i'm ready to get out in the water."
"Will do M'Lady," he responded back and went to to typing away.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, John B and Sarah finally arrived.

"Sorry guys, Rafe always wants to start something doesn't he," John B said, looking at Sarah.
"You've got that right," she said back to him.

Rafe Cameron. Y/n hadn't heard that name in a long time. Not since Sarah had left the kook life anyways. He always seemed like a jerk. to Y/n and everyone else in the world it felt like.

"Alright we'll we've done enough waiting let's get out there," Kiara said to everyone and started sprinting towards the water, everyone following behind her.

[A FEW HOURS LATER]

JJ popped up out of the water, as did Y/n. They both looked at each other, covered in the calming obx water. They couldn't look at each other for long though without bursting of laughter. Y/n looked away in order to stop giggling. But JJ never left his gaze. She thought it was weird but decided not to indulge on something so little.

"So JJ, heard you've been getting a little flirty with the lunch lady," Y/n said, knowing it would get a laugh out of JJ since it was a joke they've been making to each other for years now.
"Was I?!" he laughed, "Ugh you know it's so easy to fall in a trance when looking into her eyes."
"Yeah, it's a shame that she quit all that time ago, probably from 12 year old you staring at her all the time," Y/n said bursting of laughter.

JJ laughed and looked her up and down.

Did he mean to do that, she thought to herself, Sureley not, maybe there's a fish below me. She looked down, but saw nothing.

"Alright guys, I think we're about to head on to my house, feel free to come, can't say we'll be awake though, i've been tired ever since I woke up," John B said as him and Sarah got out of the water to dry off.
"Awww leaving so soon," Kiara and Pope yelled.
"Trust me, I need some sleep, any day with Rafe involved tires me out," Sarah said.
"Bye guys!" JJ yelled.
"Actually their right, I have to go help my parents clean up the house so my other family from who-knows where can come over this weekend," Kiara said.
"I-I can help... I mean if you want," Pope offered.
"Yeah sure, we need all the help we can get since if I don't do something right they'll make me do it again," she laughed.

As they started getting out of the water, Y/n and JJ followed.

"Well guess that leaves you and me," Y/n said to JJ.
"Yeah, hey you wanna come over tonight, I rented out Scream so we can watch it again finally," JJ offered.
"Ugh, I would love to," Y/n started, "But I have work in the morning so I can't, maybe Friday though?"
"Yeah, Yeah sounds good see you there."

[LATER]

Y/n dreaded going to work. Working at the country club having to deal with a whole bunch of kooks 24/7 was not her ideal of spending her summer days. But she would just have to deal with it, the moneys good, and since she is living alone it always helps.

A/n: Hiii, Ik this is bad but just bare with me😭. Also I got the idea of working at the country club from another fanfic I read but I can't remember the name or author😫😫, Well credits to them in case this is ever seen by them I guess! Anyways that's all I have to say hope everyone's having a good day:)
Also if there are any bad spelling errors pls ignore😫