09

When we finally arrived at JJ's house Y/n decided it would be best to come clean to her best friend.

"Hey uhm... I have to talk to you about something," she said.
"You don't want to talk about it when we are both sober?" he laughed.
"No uhm... I feel like it would be easier to say if we were both drunk," she laughed nervously.
"Ok fine, hit me...," he said adjusting his body to face hers.
"I uhm... I kissed Rafe again...," she said as the conversation fell to silence.
"Oh...," he said as his head fell towards the ground.
"JJ i'm sorry... but I really do like him," she started.
"So what your just gonna go get with him and not tell me until after I kiss you and make a complete fool out of myself?," he asked, his temper bleeding through his calmness.
"You didn't let me finish," Y/n began, "I really do like him... but I- I like you too," she finally finished.
"You... you do?," he managed to get out.
"I do... I love you JJ, and I think I have for a while... back when we went swimming with everyone I saw the way you looked at me and I couldn't help but hold it with me forever. And when we watched the movie together I was so excited and I got butterflies while sitting on your stomach, I couldn't hide it for long...," she finally got out, out of breath as she finished.
"So you feel this way about me and Rafe?," he asked.
"Yes... and I- and I don't know what to do it's killing me I just want to-," she was started but was once again cut off by someone's lips touching hers.

JJ's lips.

It was so quick, Y/n almost hadn't noticed until last minute when JJ had pulled his hand up to touch her face. She held on to his face and pulled him in back for the kiss.

It was passionate. It was young love. But what about Rafe... there was only a certain amount of time left before she would eventually have to choose or lose one or even both of them... but not now.

Y/n and JJ were still kissing, making their way to his front door when the sound of walking came from the front of his house.

"Y/n...," Rafe said, a blank look filling his face as hurt filled his eyes instead.
"Rafe I-," she stammered.
"What the hell are you doing here?" JJ asked pushing Y/n behind him.
"We'll I came to check on Y/n and make sure she made it here safe but it seems she was too busy to take a call so I came over to see but now I see this was all a mistake," he said as he began to walk away.
"Rafe I- it's not what it looks like," she replied going out to grab his shoulder.
"It's not?," they both asked.
"JJ- I," she started.
Rafe laughed, "that's what I thought," he replied.
"Y/n I thought you said you liked me," JJ said.
"JJ...," she started but couldn't get a word in without Rafe or JJ interrupting her.
"Did she tell you that, well guess she's a liar then isn't she," he smiled.
"Don't call her that," JJ threatened.
"WILL YOU BOTH JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN!," Y/n yelled.

They both looked shocked and turned to her.

"JJ I like you," she said.
JJ laughed at Rafe.
"But Rafe, I like you too," she said.
Rafe laughed but they both went back to being straight faced.
"So what we are just gonna sit here and wait for you to choose," Rafe asked with a look of annoyance on his face.
"No... it means I can't be with either of you," she said, her face falling as she looked at the floor.
"What?!," the both asked shocked.
"I- I have to go," she said as she started to run to the beach.

Tears started to fall down her face, What have I done, i'm such a bad person, she said to herself which made her cry even more.

She finally made it to the sand when she broke down and cried. She let it all out. But who could blame her, she felt the guilt of betraying her best friend, and her new friend.

Why do they even like me anyways, this is nothing but a stupid love triangle and I just brought it to pieces, she thought finally to herself.

Finally, after she had gathered herself a bit, she flattened her body out on the sand and watched the sky. It truly was beautiful in the outerbanks. Paradise on earth, for some. For others, not so much.

She fell asleep whilst looking at the stars thinking about her mistakes. She was going to have to fix this somehow... but for now she was just going to fix things between the two boys. Fix it to where they are nothing but friends.