1

Kiara's POV:

I confessed my love for JJ Maybank on Poguelandia. Turns out, it had always been him that I wanted. We immediately started dating and we had to work through a bunch of things.

The two most important things include:
- JJ learning how to be a good boyfriend. He was amazing but he always felt like he had no idea what he was doing. He needed to be more confident and stop doubting himself.
- Me getting over the very long list of girls that JJ has been with

We finally got back home after 19 days of being stuck on an island. JJ had never been happier. He went home and he had his own house. I went back to my parents and they wanted to send me to boarding school. Thankfully, my dad talked my mom out of it.

JJ and I told my parents that we were dating. It was about as awful as you could imagine. There was screaming and crying. Luckily, over time my dad warmed up to JJ and saw he wasn't the guy everyone thought he was. My mom still wasn't a fan, but she accepted that we were together.

JJ and I took a gap year after our senior year of high school and we went on our surf trip. We were gone for eight months and it was amazing. We came back and JJ and I moved to California. I was going to school there and he opened up a surf shop that was pretty successful.

I got my bachelor's degree and stayed an extra year for my master's degree. JJ and I have been living together for six years, dating for almost eight. I had an amazing job as a marine biologist at an incredible company and his surf shop was growing. He had many employees now and I loved watching him become successful all on his own.

This past almost eight years have been the best of my life. We often went back home to visit John B and Sarah along with Cleo and Pope. They all also came to California to visit. John B and Sarah were legally married now with a baby girl. Pope and Cleo were engaged and were planning a wedding for after Pope finished medical school.

I always wondered if JJ and I would get married. We talked about it immediately after we started dating and we haven't brought it up since. I guess we acted like we were married so it really wouldn't make that much of a difference. 

JJ and I were laying in bed and I whispered, "I love you so much"

"I love you so much" He said kissing me goodnight

I woke up early for work the next day and JJ pulled me back into bed.

"Stay with me" He said in his raspy morning voice

"I wish I could" I whispered as I kissed him

"You can, just ten minutes" He said kissing my neck and I gave in as we started making out

JJ and I ran to the shower together and we made out the whole time. I got out of the shower first and started getting ready. I kissed JJ goodbye and I went to work. I texted him as soon as I got there.

Me: Thank you for the best morning. I love you and I can't wait to see you tonight ❤️

JJ: I love you, Kie ❤️

Work took forever and I was finally on my way home. It was a Friday night so I stopped and picked up our favorite takeout from a local restaurant. I opened the door and the house was dark. JJ wasn't here, which I thought was weird.

I turned the lights on and I called him. His phone rang and it was on the kitchen counter next to a piece of paper.

Kie,

I love you so much. More than you will ever know. You are my everything and you always will be. You loved me when felt unlovable. You taught me what it feels like to be loved and wanted. For that, I'll never be able to thank you enough or repay you.

Honestly, I don't think... No I know I wouldn't be here today without you. Eight years, tomorrow... Best eight years of my life. I'm sorry, Kie but I didn't know what else to do. I just feel like I need to be free. I need to travel and just be alone. I've always been better off alone.

I feel guilty just leaving like this but I'm weak and I knew I couldn't say goodbye to you and follow through with it. I know you would have dropped everything and come with me but it isn't fair for you. So goodbye, Kie. Go find someone who can love you in ways we both know that I never will. I will always love you. You will always be my first true love. Thank you for an incredible seven years and 364 days. I love you forever, Kiara Anna Carrera 

I was sobbing as I read the note over and over again. I searched the house praying this was a joke. I went to the surf shop, but he wasn't there. I called all our friends and they haven't seen him. I called John B and Pope and told them and neither of them could believe it.

I went to our bedroom and clothes were missing. Not all of them, but most of them. I looked at the bed and I started bawling. I threw up twice from crying so hard. I laid on our bed and I wrapped my arms around his pillow, holding it close to my chest. I cried myself to sleep. He was gone. He left me.