8

sooo this is a long one and JJ finally opens up to Kie. let me know what you think :)

Kie's POV:

JJ stood there and he said, "Nice to see you too, bro"

John B stood there and I've never seen him so upset.

"Where the fuck were you?" John B asked in a deep voice

"I haven't talked to Kie about that yet and she's the first person who deserves to hear it. I'm back now and I'm never leaving again"

Pope walked up and he went to punch JJ too, but JJ blocked his fist with his hand.

"Wow, nice welcome home. Thought you guys were supposed to be my brothers" JJ said and I could hear how broken he sounded

John B, Pope, Cleo, and Sarah all just looked at JJ. They were all cold and bitchy towards him.

"Just so you know the night you left, she called us bawling. We all flew out to see her the next day and I stayed an extra week with her. You fucking broke her, dude. I slept next to her every night and she cried herself to sleep, she didn't eat, and she couldn't sleep. She just wanted you and you left her. She told me she didn't know if she would want to punch you or kiss you if you came back. Clearly, she chose kissing you and I promised her I'd do the punching and you fucking deserve it"

"Don't tell him what he deserves. I know he did a shitty thing, I'm the one who had to live through it, NOT you! I'm the one who was alone in California, the one who would wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares that something happened to him, I'm the one who had been alone for two years. So don't try to act like you understand what I went through without him." I said defending JJ

Everyone just looked at each other and I said, "We should go"

I walked to JJ's truck and got in the passenger seat. I watched him try to talk to the pogues. Pope said something and JJ turned around and I saw his face. He looked completely crushed and he was crying. He was trying to hide it from the pogues. He walked toward the truck and got in the driver's seat. He didn't look at me. He just said, "Maybe they're right. Maybe you should stay with them and just let me figure it out alone"

"What?" I asked looking at him and the tears that stained his face

He looked into my eyes and he looked heartbroken. I leaned over and wiped my tears from his face with my fingers and then I kissed him.

"J, let's go home," I said softly

He started the truck and we drove home. We got out of the truck and he went dumb. He just sat on the couch and wouldn't talk to me. I tried to hug him and talked to him but he wasn't interested.

"What did they say to you?" I asked sitting next to him

"Doesn't matter... What matters is you and I destroyed you, clearly. I just want you to be happy and I know that I won't ever be good enough for you" He said trying not to cry

I crawled onto his lap and I wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his around me and I said, "You are all I want. You have no idea how much I missed you. I'm not going to let you leave again and there is no way that I'm leaving you, ever"

"I had no intention of leaving that day. After you went to work, I went to work and I got a random call. It was from my mom. I haven't heard from her since she left when I was five. We talked for about an hour and I just felt like I needed to go see her. I needed to do this alone and I knew if I told you that you would want to come with and it would have been imporrible for me to leave. So I packed and I left and I got on a plane to go see my mom. She is living in New York and she's doing amazing.

It turns out that when she left my dad and me, she was pregnant and never told Luke. So I have a younger sister. She's six years younger than us and my mom travels all the time for work. I went with her and we traveled and we lived the life my sister grew up with. A few times, I stayed back with my sister and we got close, not like that, but like connected and did all that sibling shit. I just felt like I belonged there, for the first time in my life I had someone who wanted me. I mean besides the pogues.

My sister asked so many questions about Luke and I couldn't tell her about the monster he was. I didn't lie, but I wasn't honest about how many times he almost killed me. My mom doesn't even know. They got this amazing idea to find Luke and invite him over. I had no idea this was happening and he was a completely different person around them. It was bizare, he was kind and wasn't drunk or on drugs. I watched him and my mom fall back in love. I was going to come home to you because I missed you like crazy, but I couldn't leave my mom and sister there with Luke. I didn't trust him. So I stayed and we were this big happy family. That lasted about a year and a half. My sister went to college and I was working.

I came home from work one day and I could smell weed and there were beer bottles everywhere. Luke finally cracked. My sister had come home from school for the weekend and he was being an ass to her. He got mad and he shoved her and that's when I grabbed him and we got into a massive fight. I haven't fought him like that since the night you hugged me in the hot tub. 

He was passed out on the floor and my sister was bawling. My mom walked in and saw the blood, the weed, the bottles, and she ran to my sister. She blamed me for what happened. We got into a huge fight and blamed me for ruining their relationship the first time and now for the second. I packed my bags and I left. I had nowhere to go and I ended up on a couch from a guy I worked with. My sister called me and she apologized and asked me about Luke. I went to her college appartment and this time I told her everything. I spent a few days with her and then we went to talk to our mom. She believed me and apologized for that. Luke was arrested for assult and later relased. I spent the next two months repairing my relationship with my mom and sister.

They decided they were going to move because they didn't want Luke to find them. So I helped the pack and they moved to Boston. It wasn't until my mom said that she was going shopping and I could get whatever for my room that I realized this wasn't the life I wanted. I didn't want to me in my mid-twenties living at home. I wanted to be with you, in our own house, living our life. I know this sounds fucked up but time flew by. I never meant to be away for that long. I was trying to heal my inner child and my traumas and I got caught up in that. I packed a bag and I got on the first plane to California and I showed up and thought you changed the locks. 

I knocked on the door and realized you didn't live there anymore and I had a total panic attack on the beach. I went to the surf shop and realized how much it had grown. They told me you went back home and I ran out of there and I got on a plane and ended up at the chateau. I had no idea it was Pope's wedding reception I crashed. All I knew was that I was coming to find you, because home isn't California, New York, Boston, or even OBX. It's whereever you are. You are the love of my life and I can't believe how stupid I was to just leave you like that. Because I needed you and I cut you out. I'm sorry Kie, I promise that I never cheated. I just really fucked up and left you like my mom did. I'm no better than Luke" JJ finished telling me the story and he was sobbing