5

Kie's POV:

Logan and I went to breakfast at the outdoor restaurant at the beach. We ordered our food and made casual conversation about surfing, the weather, and all that. Turns out that Logan is from Arizona.

"So, I have to ask you this, why are you here all alone?"

"I just needed some time for myself. A way to reset and find joy again. How about you?"

"I just broke up with my girlfriend. We wanted different things. She wanted to settle down and start a family and I want to travel"

He told me his travel plans and I told him about the surf trip I took. I didn't tell him about JJ. I wasn't ready to let a stranger know about him. After breakfast, we went and toured the Bob Marley museum. It was a super fun day. I went to my room and he went to his. We made plans to meet up for dinner tomorrow night.

I spent the next day sightseeing in town alone and I was enjoying it. I was pretty familiar with the town and I came across the small clothing store where I was going to buy a dress for the wedding JJ and I talked about.

I entered the store and it was filled with dresses and clothes. I turned the corner and there was the dress that I almost bought. I couldn't believe it was still here. I immediately grabbed it and asked the woman, "How long has this been here?"

"We re-stock them from time to time"

I bought the dress and I have no idea why. It was a long white flowy dress with an open back (see image at the top of the story). It was lacey at the top and smooth on the bottom. This was the most beautiful dress in the world. I went back to the resort and tried the dress on. It was perfect. I wanted to wear it to dinner tonight, but this dress was supposed to be my wedding dress. I put on a casual dress that I brought with me and packed the white one into my suitcase.

I got all ready to go and suddenly, my phone rang. I answered it and it was Pope.

"Hey" I said

"Where are you?" He asked

"I'm on vacation" I replied still pissed at him

"I'm sorry for what I said at the chateau. We all are and we didn't mean to make you run. We just care about you and we want you to be happy"

"JJ makes me happy. I don't care what you think about him or what he did to me. It's none of your damn business"

"I know and I just called to say that I'm sorry and to please come home"

"I'm not coming home right now. I need this for myself. If any of you hear from JJ please let me know but if not, don't call me anymore" I said hanging up

I finished getting ready and I walked to where I was meeting Logan. He was super sweet and he brought me a single red rose. I thanked him and we walked into the restaurant together. We ordered our food ad he asked me all about my day. I told him I spent it in town and he said that he went hiking.

We ate our food and it was amazing. We decided to go for a walk on the beach. The sun was setting and the sky turned all shades of pink, purple, and orange. It was incredible.

"The sky is so beautfiul" I said admiring the view

"Just like you, Kiara"

I didn't know what to do or what to say.

"Thank you" I said not wanting to be rude

We continued our walk and Logan stopped and said, "I've been having a ton of fun with you these past two days. I leave tomorrow to head to Costa Rica and I would love it if you would come with me"

"Wow" I said still processing the invite

I looked at him and he slowly leaned down and kissed me. The kiss was soft and fast. I didn't kiss him back. He pulled away and said, "Ouch"

"Sorry, I'm just not ready for a relationship"

"I get it, but my offer still stands. If you want to come with me to Costa Rica tomorrow, the plane leaves at 8am. Meet me outside the airport at 6:30am. If not, I get it but to me it seems like you need to get over whatever guy broke your heart" Logan said as he walked away

I was left alone on the beach. I sat down in the sand with my dress on. I picked up a handful of sand and let it fall through my fingers. I thought a lot about the past few days with Logan and wondered if my friends were right. Should I move on? Or do I wait for JJ?

A.N.

What do you think Kie should do? Move on? Or keep waiting?

Do you like Logan??? Or can she do better?