Ch. 8

John B

I was sleeping on the couch and suddenly I was jolted awake with a bang on the door "DCS! I know you're in there!" I heard and JJ pounced out from behind the window, and I screamed "Whoa!" "Gotcha, slick..." JJ laughed and I sighed in relief then ran my hands over my face. "You should have seen your face. Your face was like..." JJ said laughing and I got up to get ready to go to Mrs. Lana's.

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you. She's like, "Oh, John B." JJ told me, and I frowned "Is that what she does?" "She's sketchy about you diving, then she kissed you." JJ said and I nodded. "She kissed me on the cheek... and what about you and my cousin? I'm pretty sure you two were about to kiss on the boat." I told him and he frowned "Okay, yes I like Olivia Ok! But you know the rules, no Pogue-on-Pogue macking. And plus, she's your cousin." JJ told me and I sighed. "As long as Olivia's happy, I'm okay with you two... remember Taylor? God, I hated him." I told him and he smiled. "Back to me and Kie, it's not like we were Makin' out." "Low-hanging fruit, bro. Don't pretend you don't notice. I see it in your eyes. You're like, "I kinda like that," and you start blushing." JJ said and I scrunched my face up in confusion "I blush?" "Yeah." He muttered and as we drove down the road, we saw Olivia on the side of the road talking with Rafe on the side of the road.

" He muttered and as we drove down the road, we saw Olivia on the side of the road talking with Rafe on the side of the road

"Hey princess, need a ride?" JJ asked as we stopped right in front of her "I think she's good, Pogues. Why don't you keep on driving?" Rafe said and John B smirked "Family matters to do, sooo. Liv get in!" John B muttered and Olivia stepped in front of Rafe and held him back "Hey, it's cool. I'll see you later, ok?" Rafe looked at us which we both smiled at him, and he rolled his eyes "Alright. See ya." he said kissing her then pulled her into a hug and glared at us, we glared back then he got on his bike and road away. Olivia got into the back of the van and we looked at her confused.

Olivia

"Um did you just kiss Rafe Cameron?" "Are you mackin Rafe Cameron?" John B and JJ questioned and I sighed "I- we- uh we're dating." I told them and I didn't know what they were thinking with their expressions. "Guys? JJ?" "I'm fine..." JJ said and John B started driving, they went quiet.

John B

"So what is on the agenda today?" Liv asked pulling off her jacket to reveal the bandage and I just kept looking at the road, JJ grabbed my dad's compass from the dash, but I grabbed it from him "Hey, don't..." "I was just looking at it.... I gotta admit, your father's compass in Scooter's boat, that's freaky." JJ said and I sighed "Yeah. That's why we're going to talk to Ms. Lana, figure this whole thing out." "Really?" Liv questioned and I nodded "I'm sure she would just love to talk to us... It's not like her husband just drowned or anything." JJ said and Liv poked her head in between the middle of us "After, I'm hanging out with Rafe, so drop me off at the pelican club." she said, and JJ rolled his eyes.

Olivia

We got to Mrs. Lana's, and I sighed "Know what this house looks like?" "Whoever lives here smokes too much weed." JJ said and I chuckled as John B pretended to take a hit, we walked closer to Mrs. Lana's house then heard glass smashing. I heard yelling and I frowned "Maybe we should come back. It's a little too soon." JJ said and John B pulled us towards the side of the house "No, no, shut up. Shut up, JJ." "Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up." The man yelled and I could hear Mrs. Lana screaming "John B, we need to help her." "Wait." He muttered then we heard crashing, JJ grabbed my hand and I looked at him scared. The men were talking about the compass, and I shook my head "John B, we have to help her." I whispered to him, trying to get up and he shook his head and pulled me back down then dried up paint covered us "Is that paint?" "Yes, it's paint." the boys said, and I stood closer to JJ as I heard Mrs. Lana's wails "Guys we should help her." I whispered and JJ shook his head "We should just go. He's got smuggler..."  "Shut up."