Ch. 32

I woke up trying to get aware of my surroundings and I noticed I was at Toppers guest house and I frowned "Hey, you're okay. Your safe." "No, I- I need to see JJ, I gotta see him, I need JJ." I muttered and he stopped me "Hey, you might have a concussion and I'm not gonna send you out there when Rafe almost tried to kill you and Sarah." Topper told me and I looked up at him then felt my eyes tear up. "Oh my god." "Okay, hey. You're in shock... it's okay, Liv. He's not gonna hurt you again, okay?" Topper told me and pulled me in a tight hug "And Im sorry that I didn't know about all those times Taylor's been hurting you. Im so sorry." He said and and I started sobbing.

"He ruined me..." I sobbed and shook my head "He wouldn't stop, he just kept hitting and kicking me. I was so scared." I cried and I felt Sarah's hand on my shoulder which made me feel relieved.

I pulled away and Topper wiped my tears away then sighed "Uh I made you guys breakfast and I got you a phone so I can keep in touch." Topper said and handed Sarah a phone which she smiled "Thank you, I haven't had a phone since the storm." "And I kinda lost mine and never replaced it." I told Topper and he nodded. "I thought that you were... I thought I'd never see you again. It's so good to see you." Topper teared up, looking at Sarah and she put her hand on his wrist in a friendly way as a gesture which I looked between them. "I'm glad you're okay... Well, eat up... you too Liv. I'm gonna get the Malibu ready. Just let me know if you guys need anything, okay." Topper said and I nodded looking at the food, I honestly haven't eaten anything since I was in the hospital after being in the Bahamas.

"Thank you, Top." I muttered then he walked outside and I cleared my throat "Sarah..." "What? I was just thanking him." She told me and I nodded "I know. I know, I just... don't give him false hope." I told her and she nodded.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

We got to the Château and we saw Pope, Kiara, JJ and John B "John B?" "Oh my god! He's out! He's okay." Me and Sarah said and I hugged her tightly. Once we got to the dock we tied the Malibu to the Pogue and we both pulled John B into a tight hug. "What happened?" "Uh, they dropped all the charges." John B said and I frowned "What? Really? That's great!" I muttered and he nodded "Yeah, no, yeah, I'm a free man." John B said and I turned to JJ and he looked like he seen a ghost "Liv?" "JJ" I muttered then ran into his arms. He pulled away then looked at my head and the bruises on my neck "listen Sarah, Liv, they're coming after Rafe." "Good. He's completely unhinged. He jumped me and Liv last night." I heard John B and Sarah say then JJ frowned "Is that where you got these?" He asked me and I nodded "That's why we didn't come back." "Yeah, man. Rafe has lost his mind. Literally almost drowned his own sister and attacked Olivia. Thankfully I got there just in time." Topper said not actually telling them that I almost drowned too and JJ pulled me closer to him knowing now what has happened in the last day, he'll never let me go. "Uh, well, I guess I owe you one, Topper, don't I?" John B muttered then Topper scoffed "It's all good. I mean, somebody had to rescue your girlfriend and cousin, right?" "That's funny because she's not actually my girlfriend, right?" John B said and I frowned "What is she then?" Topper asked and I turned my head slightly to the others "Am I missing something?" I asked and JJ smirked "I'm with him." Sarah said and I nodded "Gotcha. You're with him. Okay, yeah. I just needed a little clarity there. You guys cleared on that?" "I think it's clear you gotta go now." JJ said and I hit his arm lightly.

"I think I'm gonna head out. It's about that time." Topper said.

"Topper. Thank you."

"Of course. I'm just glad you two are okay." Topper said hugging Sarah and then hugged me too "Hey, JJ. Keep her safe okay? Or else." "Always." JJ told Topper and I went by JJ's side and laid my head on his shoulder then he kissed the top of my head. "See ya later Top." I yelled as he drove away and JJ snaked his arms around my waist and I flinched which he pulled away "I'm sorry." "No, it's okay. Come here." I told him and pulled him in a hug.

"I was worried about you. I wanted to storm Tannyhill and come save my damsel in distress... my repunzal." JJ said making me laugh but he went back to being serious. "Look Liv, I did something stupid and as I was doing it all I could hear was your voice in the back of my head telling me to stop that I might end up in jail... I was about to be..."

JJ kept on rambling on and on about his stupid plan that almost ended in a disaster but I rolled my eyes then pulled him into a kiss.

I pulled away and sighed "Right now, I just want to be with you and... and I need a drink." I told him and he smiled "Beer?" "Hell yeah... shot gun?" I muttered then he kissed me again "I love you." He said then we went inside to grab some beers "John B, wanna shot gun in the name of freedom?" JJ asked as he came inside but just walked passed him and I looked to Sarah. "Hey Sarah!" "No!" She yelled and I looked to JJ and we both frowned "I'll talk to Sarah. You have JB?" I said and he nodded.

I walked over to Sarah and I sighed "Sooo... were you ever gonna tell me you guys got married?" I questioned and she sighed "I was then you basically got kidnapped and Rafe tried to murder us... I'm sorry." She said and I shrugged "It's okay, if it makes you feel any better, me and JJ promised that we'd spend all eternity together whenever we thought you guys were dead." I told her and she smirked "So, is John B mad you didn't tell Topper?" I asked and she nodded "He'll come around." I told her, Kiara yelled for us and we went to Heyward's.

I cleaned Pope's dads forehead and I sighed "Let me know if I'm hurting you." "I'm okay. Thank you, darlin." Mr Heyward said and I smiled then sat next to JJ holding his hand. "Pop, what happened?" "Oh, I should've known better. He came in just as I was about to lock up. Caught me by surprise. Once he had me down, he put his knee in my chest, and he asked me about that... that... that key from that... that drawing you showed me." Mr. Heyward said and we all frowned, i frowned because I didn't know what exactly they were talking about.

"And in case you're wondering, I ain't tell him nothing." He added and Kiara smirked "Now did you track it down?" "I found it in Mee-maw's old apartment above the pharmacy just like you said." Pope said showing an old key and i frowned. "Shit, boy, you should've gave this to me. I wouldn't have had to take a beating. What's the big deal? It ain't worth anything. Why they want it so bad?" Mr Heyward asked and Pope shrugged.

"I don't know. First, I get this letter telling me that I need to go to Charleston and bring Olivia. And then I meet a rich lady
who wants me to give her a key that I didn't even know was in my family." "None of it makes any sense." Kiara said and Mr Heyward turned to her "Well, don't y'all just sit here whining about it. Figure it out!" He told us and I smiled "No. I'm just gonna give the key to that lady. It's not worth--" "No, no, no. Did I raise you
to back down from a fight, boy?" Heyward said and Pope shook his head. "No, sir." "Well, all right. Now, I... I didn't think about it before. I admit that. But now... Now? I'm interested." Heyward said pointing to his bleeding head and we chuckled. "Well, did they say why they wanted it?" "Something about an old cross. I think it might be some kind of lost treasure." Pope told him and he frowned "You know who you should talk to? Your great-grandmother, Mee-maw." He told him and my phone buzzed.