chapter 12

JJ's POV:

I finally finished the house and showed Kie. I really wanted all of us to live to here. Ultimately, that was Kie's decision to make. We brought Soph over to sleep tonight. She loved her room.

I wanted the whole house to be a surprise to Kie. I was lucky that her mom helped me a ton with decorating. Sophia went down to to bed great and Kie was staying until she was asleep.

I don't know how it happened but I was kissing her. It felt so right. So natural. I pulled her body closer to mine and she crawled on top of me. Shit, this was so hot. We were making out and I lifted her shirt off and I yanked mine off too. Again, this just felt like the right moment to do this. Kie didn't stop me either. She moaned into the kiss and then we heard, "Mommy" coming from Sophia's room

Kie immediately pulled away and slipped out from under me. She quickly put her shirt on and went into our daughters room. I let her take care of this one. After a few minutes, I realized she wasn't coming back out. I was left with a massive boner and I was super confused. I don't know what just happened and I had no idea how Kie was going to respond.

I've told her from day one that I'd marry her and we could all be a family but she doesn't want that. I'm totally fine with that but I just feel like we have something. I don't know. Maybe I feel connected to her because she carried our child for nine months. I watched her birth our daughter and I watch her be there best min every single day.

The next morning, I got up and made a nice breakfast for Kie and Soph. Kie didn't say much to me and she ended up leaving me alone with Sophia for the day. I needed to talk to her about what happened before she tells her mom about it or something.

I got Sophia dressed and ready for the day and I brought her over to spend the after noon with uncle John B and auntie Sarah. They were so excited to have Sophia all day and she was excited to see them,

I went back to Kie's parents house and walked inside. I went into her room and her parents weren't home. I opened her bedroom door and she was laying in bed. She looked upset. She looked at me and didn't say anything. I walked in and closed the door and went to sit next to her and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking about last night. Where's Sophia?"

"She's with John B and Sarah. Figured we should have some time alone to talk about it"

"There isn't much to talk about. It happened and that's that. It won't happen again" She said moody

Okay so this wasn't going how I wanted it to go. There isn't much that I can say or do when Kie acts like this. She already has her mind made up.

"Cool" I said childish turning to leave her room to leave her alone

"Don't be a dick, JJ" She said throwing a pillow at me

I picked the pillow up and I threw it back at her in a playful way and said, "Bitch"

She gave me the middle finger and at this point I knew she was partially serious but more joking around mad.

"Where are you going?" She asked right before I got the door closed

"Why do you care?"

"I don't.. Are you picking Soph up from the chateau or do you want me to?"

"I got it... I'm picking her up at four and I'll bring her back here for bed"

"If you want, she can stay another night with you. It might help her get used to us not living together and her being in her new room"

"So that's a no? You don't want to move in?"

"Of course, I love the idea of it. It's perfect and best case for Sophia to have both her parents living together. But we aren't together and I don't want to confuse her. Besides won't that be pretty awkward to explain when you're dating a girl. Just know casually living with my baby momma"

This caught my attention. Dating. She looked at me seriously and I asked, "Are you dating someone?"

"What? Hell no! When do I have the time to date?"

"Sorry, I just thought maybe you were and that's why you reacted this way"

"Oh so now I reacted a certain way" She said getting pissed

"No, I just didn't expect you to bring up dating. That's all"

"And what if I was dating someone?" She asked defensive

"That's fine, I just think we should set some guidelines about when Sophia is introduced, how we are going to split time equally with her. I'm not doing that every other weekend bullshit. Your boyfriend isn't her dad and he has no parental rights. I don't ever want him alone with our girl. If you need to do something, I'll take her. We're co-parenting and I'm in this with you"

"Seriously, fuck off! I'm not dating anyone and if I was you'd know about it"

I didn't say anything else as I didn't want to piss her off more than I already had. I walked over and grabbed more stuff for Sophia as she was spending the night with me.

Kie didn't seem to care that I was still in her room. I spent so much time in here with her. You know throughout the pregnancy and now with Sophia.

I left her room and I went back home to clean up and get ready for Soph tonight. This was my first night alone with her and I was excited. Later on, I picked her up from the chateau and brought her room.

She was around a year a half so we ate dinner, played with some toys, I have her a bath, and then I got her in bed and was reading her a book.

"Mommy" She said

"Mommy is at her house and you're here with daddy tonight. Do you want to call mommy and say goodnight?"

"Yes" She said and I dialed Kie's number

"Hey" She said answering right away

"Hey, I'm just getting Soph to bed and she wanted to facetime you before bed"

"Okay" She said and I facetimed her and handed held the phone so Sophia could see Kie

"Mommy" She said excited

"Hi baby, you look so warm and cozy in your bed"

"Yeah"

"Alright you go to sleep. Mommy will see you in the morning. I love you, Sophia Anna"

"Wuv yew mommy" She said

I ended the call and finished saying goodnight to my daughter. She seemed okay and then about twenty minutes later she started crying. I tried to comfort her but she only wanted her mommy.

I called Kie and she came over and went into Sophia's room and she calmed right now and fell asleep. Kie came out of her room and I felt like a failure.

"I'm sorry, I've tried everything and she only wanted you"

"It's okay, JJ. It's going to take time to get her used to this. It's my fault too. We should both try and be together for bedtime for the first few times"

"Thank you for coming over and that's a good idea. Goodnight, drive safe"

"I will, call if you guys need anything" She said leaving and I was alone with my daughter. I wish Kie would have stayed again tonight. Not because I didn't want to be alone with Sophia, but because I liked it when we were all together. You know like a family.