chapter 15

Kie's POV:

I went over to JJ's house with Sophia and she was so excited to see her daddy. He was still cooking as Sophia played and we casually talked. There wasn't much to say with Sophia right there.

We are together and Sophia was so happy that me and JJ were home together.

We played with her and got her ready for bed together. We read her a story and hugged and kissed her goodnight. JJ and I left her room and I went and cleaned up from dinner.

"Sooo" JJ said coming into the kitchen and I just looked at him

"Are you pissed at me because I hooked up with that girl?"

"No, I could care less" I lied and he knew

"Uh huh, sure"

I started doing dishes as a distraction. I was hand washing everything as JJ sat on the counter and he said, "Tell me what's bothering you. It's not good for there to be tension between us in front of our daughter"

"We can be civil and still co-parent"

"Exactly but this is hostile"

"Wow, that's a fancy word for you" I said bitchy

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He asked upset

"Nothing, don't worry about it"

"Kiara" He said using my real name when he always called me Kie

"Fine, I don't care who you hook up with. Do whatever the hell you want with whoever you want. Just don't get a bunch of girls pregnant and give Sophia a bunch of random step siblings or decide that you like your other kids better and leave Sophia. Because I know you don't believe in condoms because clearly, our one night stand turned us into parents"

JJ just laughed and that laugh turned into his classic smirk. He looked at me and said, "I would never leave Sophia or you. Ever. My parents both left me. I'd never put my daughter through that. I do believe in condoms. Always have. I was terrified of becoming a dad. The one time I didn't wear one was with you. I didn't even think about putting one on with you. I know we were so high and wasted but I wanted to feel you. If we were going to do it, I wanted to really be with you that night. I never thought your birth control wouldn't work and that you'd end up pregnant. But for what it's worth, there is no one else I'd ever want to do this with. I'm glad you were the one carrying my baby. You're an amazing mom and I promise you, I'm not going anywhere"

I dried my hands on a towel and I hugged him. He held me in his arms and we broke apart and our eyes locked. We were interrupted by a knock on the door. I walked to go answer it and when I opened it there was the blonde girl who JJ hooked up.

"Hi, is JJ home?"

"Taylor" JJ said coming to the door

"Hey, I know this is crazy but I miss you and you said how much you enjoyed our night together so I took my finals early and moved home so we can spend the summer together" She said kissing him and he kissed her back

JJ pulled away and said, "Taylor"

"My answer to your question is yes, I want to be your girlfriend"

I walked away and I went into Sophia's room and grabbed her out of bed and she was still asleep in my arms. I carried her out of the room and grabbed my stuff and was heading to my car.

"Where are you going?" JJ asked following me outside

I got our sleeping daughter into her car seat and I shut the car door.

"Kie" JJ said

"Go enjoy your time with your girlfriend. Our daughter will not be here while this is going on"

"I didn't know she was coming"

"Whatever, I don't give a fuck JJ! At the end of all of this our daughter better not be the one who ends up hurt" I yelled at him

"My relationships are none of your damn business"

"No, they aren't and I don't want them to be. I'm just protecting our daughter. You can see Sophia anytime Taylor isn't with you. Now go back inside, your girlfriend is waiting" I said getting in my car and leaving

I was so pissed. I didn't even know how to control my emotions. JJ was pissed at me and I knew this was just the beginning of a huge fight. I believed me taking Sophia back to my house was what was best for her and I stand by that decision.

I got home and I put Sophia back in her bed and she went right back to sleep. I went to bed too and tried to figure out what to do now about this whole JJ thing. It was a complete mess. I didn't even want to think about what JJ and Taylor were doing right now.

I stayed up for hours thinking about what to do. I knew I had to talk to JJ about this and my number one rule was that Sophia doesn't meet her, know about her, or anything like that until it's an official thing that seems like it's going to last. I don't want her to get confused or hurt.

I texted JJ and I didn't even realize what time it was. It was already three in the morning.

Me: We need to talk. ALONE. I know you're off work tomorrow and I'll be at your house at 11 am

JJ immediately texted me back.

JJ: Can you come over now?

I could but my parents were asleep and I didn't want to wake them up to tell them I was leaving just so they knew to listen for Sophia. I also didn't want to risk Sophia waking up and me not being here.

Me: I can't tonight because I can't leave Soph alone

I put my phone down and went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day talking to JJ.