𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

dove felt a dripping on her face and slowly opened her eyes.

"what the hell." she muttered.

she wiped her forehead and saw that it was water coming down from the ceiling.

"ugh." she groaned, then sat up.

looking around, she saw that she was in bed at john b's house. she then turned her head to see john b flipping the light switch up and down.

"bird?"

he turned to look at her. he was shirtless with just a pair of shorts on. dove bit the inside of her cheek. along with his smile and his morning voice, john b shirtless was her weakness.

"mornin', birdie." he greeted.

"how did i get here?" she asked, groggily.

"well, agatha the bitch struck and we surfed the surge with pope." he answered.

dove nodded. she remembered now.

"i completely wiped out." she sighed.

he half-smiled. "you sure did, kid."

she looked down and saw that she was in his shirt over her bikini. she loved wearing john b's clothes.

john b sighed, then went over to the door and surveyed outside.

"yo, jj, you been outside?" john b asked the blonde boy.

"i have polio, bro, i can't walk." jj muttered, still half-asleep.

dove got up and followed john b outside.

"oh man." he yawned. "that's no good. that is not good."

dove in stood on the porch and watched him walk around and whisper to himself.

"agatha did some work, huh." a voice said.

dove jumped and looked over to see that it was jj.

"yes she did." john b murmured.

"ah, jumpy this morning are we, dovie?" jj raised his eyebrows.

"to be fair, you did just basically say you couldn't walk and then all of the sudden you came up behind me out of nowhere." she replied.

he shrugged and took a sip of a half empty beer can.

"it's literally like eight in the morning, jayj, why are you drinking beer?" dove questioned.

"it's never too early for beer, my friend. a morning drinking never hurt anyone." he responded.

she shook her head. "i don't think that's true, but okay."

"i think it's a great philosophy to live by." he said.

"i'm surprised you know the word philosophy." she replied with a smirk.

jj squinted at her. "i would respond, but i'm offended."

she continued to smirk and he left the porch and walked over to john b who was clearing branches out of the HMS Pogue.

they two began conversing and dove observed john b who was looking out at the water while talking.

his jawline was so gorgeous and she loved the messy hair. she thought he was perfect.

"watcha boys thinking?" she called over to them.

"we're thinking that god is telling us to fish!" john b called back with a smile.

dove smiled back. "fishing it is."

🕊️