𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

"and then we were right outside like this." jj said and bur his back against the wall of the chateau porch. "and all we hear is just, 'bam! bam! bam!' knocking paint off the wads, g. from the inside. alright? and i'm just looking at him and dove just like—."

he then walked forward towards his friends and started shaking his hair out.

"look at this shit. look at it."

"that's dandruff. disgusting." kiara muttered.

"okay, thank you." pope said, willing jj to stop.

"look at all that, alright? that's paint. at that point, i was just, like...i'm waiting for death." jj continued.

dove exhaled and john b put his hand on her back, but she shifted and he put his hand down.

kiara noticed and squinted up at john b. he must've done something stupid to her.

"oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" pope asked.

"yeah." jj confined.

"did you get a good description of them?" pope asked. "what did they look like."

"yeah, anything." kie added.

"anything we can bring to like a police report, maybe." pope continued.

"burly." jj said.

pope and kie just stared at him.

"burly?"

"yeah. you know, like—."

"that's not very helpful." kie interrupted.

"okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage. i mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers. i can tell you with full confidence guys. these boys, these killers...they're square groupers."

jj then lit a blunt and began smoking.

dove put a face in her as pope and jj were arguing and jj telling him he was under duress.

"he's right. we...we just couldn't get a good look at them, it was just...just a scary situation. i mean they could've attacked any one of us like they attacked ms. lana. i'm sorry we could've give you guys a better description." dove spoke up.

pope sighed and looked at kie.

"the office." john b said.

"what?"

"big john's office." dove clarified.

john b looked at her and nodded, but she looked away and he frowned.

he shook his head and said, "he always kept the office locked because he was always worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research."

he then walked inside the house and everyone followed him in, dove going in with jj.

"we used to laugh at him all the time about it like he was actually gonna find it, but now that he's gone, i've just kinda...i just left it as he kept it." john b continued as they walked through the house and arrived at the door.

he unlocked it and they all entered.

"i've slept over here like six hundred time and i've never seen this door open." pope said.

"i remember coming in here for the first time. i was never allowed to touch anything, though." dove smiled as she looked around the office.

john b smiled back at her and when she caught his eye, the smile was wiped off of her face. john b then looked away.