𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

dove arrived at the boneyard in a blue, cropped tube top and a pair of white jean shorts.

when she got to the boneyard, john b, jj, pope, and kiara were pouring themselves beer from the keg.

a few people were beginning to arrive.

dove walked over and went to surprise john b.

"hey, dove!" jj waved.

john b turned around and dove gave jj an annoyed look.

"hey, birdie." john b greeted and gave the blonde a hug. "you feeling any better?"

"a little." she shrugged.

"i bet i could cheer you up." he said.

"how?" she raised her eyebrows.

"well, i'm going to offer you a beer, then we are going to sit on a log and watch the sun set as we talk about the meaning of life." john b smiled.

dove smiled back. "i do like the sound of that."

"alright. can i offer you a beer?" he smirked.

"yes, you may offer me a beer as you stated you would before."

he chuckled and poured her some beer.

"i can't tell if i should bully them or throw up." jj whispered.

"jj." pope muttered.

"leave them alone." kiara scolded.

john b handed her the beer and took her hand and led her over to the log.

more people started to arrive until the boneyard was filled.

"do you think our dads are together?" dove asked. "if your dad's dead. we don't know if he is, but if he is, do you think they're together?"

dove and john b had been talking about anything and everything that came to mind and when they started talking about the meaning of life like john b said they would, she started thinking about death and their parents.

"would you want them to be together?" john b asked.

"yeah. i think your dad would be able to talk my dad down or something. i mean he always did. he always tried helping my dad and it would work for a while. until it didn't. and then the cycle repeated. i don't know how your dad didn't get sick of mine." dove ranted.

"i think he was mostly doing it for you, birdie. he loved—loves you. you're like the daughter he never had. you're like his family. no, you are his family. you're my family. that's why he always wanted to help your dad and i think that's why he let you go with the glissons. i think he knew they were going to raise you better than he could. and...and even though my dad's not dead, i think they'd be together. watching us. your dad would be doing something stupid and my dad would be rolling his eyes at him, then tell him to get it together and watch what us reckless teenagers are doing. and then they'd laugh at us." john b explained.

dove smiled then looked up at him. "i hope that's true. i hope your dad's not dead, but if he was, i hope it's the truth."

he looked down at her and gave her a smile.

they leaned in and their faces were inches apart, their lips almost touching.

"what is she doing here?"

john b looked behind him to see kiara and dove looked ahead and saw what kiara was talking about.

sarah cameron. kook princess.

kiara used to be best friends with sarah in her kook year and then they became enemies. john b worked on her dad, ward cameron's boat, so he's seen her around.

dove and sarah hung out at a party once and sarah made her feel so special and then after the party, it was back to reality and she never saw sarah again.

dove noticed john b staring at sarah and frowned.

dove felt like sarah was prettier than her and obviously richer than her. she was funny and perfect and her family was great. dove on the other hand, had nothing and felt inferior to sarah. she knew john b would choose sarah over her in an instant. she'd do anything to keep sarah away.

topper, sarah's annoying boyfriend, came over and swept sarah up into her arms, john b still watching.

dove looked at john b again, then back to sarah and topper, then to the sky. the sun was starting to set.

"hey, the sun's setting." dove spoke up.

john b slowly looked over at her then up at the sky and smiled.

"you're right."

"now didn't you promise me we could stare as we rotate away from it and the other side of world rotates toward it?" dove raised her eyebrows.

"i mean, when you put it that way, it sounds like we're watching one of those informative movies for science class, but if i'm watching it you then i'm okay with it. and i made a promise, so..."

dove giggled and rest her head on his shoulder. he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer.

they watched the sun go down over the horizon and there were beautiful oranges and yelled in the sky reflecting on the water.

dove looked up at john b and he looked down at her.

their faces inched closer again, but this time, their lips connected.

john b slid his arm off of her and ran his hands over her body and she draped her arms around his shoulders.

dove deepened the kiss by slipping her tongue into his mouth and john b did the same, ultimately winning dominance.

they made out for a little while longer before pulling away and smiling goofily at each other.

"hey, birdie." john b said.

"hi, bird." dove giggled.

"i'm gonna go refill our drinks."

"okay."

he took her cup and stood up. he looked at her with a grin once more before going to refill their drinks.

the night was already perfect and it had just started. what could possibly go wrong?

AUTHORS NOTE
imma say it again go read my rafe story rn bc i said so.

jk you don't have to read it if you don't want i'll still love you regardless <3

question time!

kiss marry kill: jj, rafe, john b (i already know y'all are all gonna marry jj but i'm marrying rafe)

who's more annoying, topper or kelce?

now i'm going to bed! love you all!

muah,
lea <3