𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲

john b pulled up to the boat dock.

"john b, i don't know if i like this idea." she shook her head.

"just trust me." he said.

she gave him a look. "how many times have you said that and it ended up going wrong?"

"just come on. and let me do all the talking."

she sighed and rolled her eyes. "okay."

the walked onto the dock up to the cameron's boat.

"look what the cat done dragged in." terrance said.

"shut up." dove spat.

as soon as she saw terrance, she was angry. maybe she did like this plan. the sight of him was making her change her mind.

"oh, she's mad." cleo nodded. "i like that, girl."

dove her looked up and down. she didn't dislike cleo. but she wasn't sure if she liked her. she knew cleo was on terrance's side, but she also felt that cleo would be willing to help her and john b if convinced.

"we have a proposition." dove sighed.

john b looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. he thought he was going to do all of the talking.

"if it involves giving you that rock back, that nugget, forget it. you're lucky i'm not on the phone with the cops right now—." the captain began.

"i'm—we're not worried about that because—." john b interrupted.

dove stepped forward. "you saw what was in that safe, did you not? you all saw."

john b was staring at her. he's never seen dove this angry nor powerful before. it was hot, sure, but it was also surprising. he knew, though, where it was coming from. fear. her fear was making her angry. everything that has happened was making her angry. and she had every right to feel that way.

"yeah, we did." terrance replied.

"and it was exactly what we told you it was gonna be. am i wrong, terrance?" she raised her eyebrows.

"yeah, well that thing's locked down tighter than a clamshell now." cleo said.

dove gave her the side eye. "yeah, no shit."

she then looked back at terrance.

"but the gold's not staying there..." she paused and glanced at john b for a moment. "...our friend's dad is gonna have to come down and move it. he'll have to. and my mother...my mother will probably be with him, but...but the point is, it's being moved."

"so what are you proposing, a Brink's job?" terrance questioned.

"think about it. i mean, you have a boat that can get us away. you also know people and the island and we can find out exactly when that gold is moving. just give us a chance." john b explained.

terrance, cleo and stubbs all looked around at each other.

"and i'll give you two million." dove added.

they all turned to look at her.

"let me get this straight. we take the risk of going to jail and getting shot for a fraction of what's in that safe." terrance raised his eyebrows.

"to be fair, you abandoned us and stole the boat. john b and i don't owe you shit. this wasn't even my idea. but you know what. ten. ten million a piece."

"ten million a piece." cleo repeated and chuckled, terrance chuckling as he looked at her.

"i like that. ten a piece." terrance nodded.