024; boat day

10:08 am.

It was a sunny forenoon, with cheerful birdsong bouncing from each tree top. Warm mild winds blew through the island centre of Kildare, reminding everyone of just how pleasant summers there could be. Myra had managed to sneak out of the house without her brother or father taking notice. She had her bag packed and her sunglasses on the bridge of her nose, ready to go. She had no idea what today would bring, but she felt excited nevertheless. More so than she would ever admit to anyone. The thought of a kook boy and his ridiculously expensive boat exciting her felt so wrong, almost illegal. It was immoral, to say the least. She had never even allowed herself to dream of such things as boats bigger than her own house, it felt like a betrayal to the lifestyle she had been born and brought up into.

She strode down the dirt road towards the docks, her old worn out sneakers hitting the gravel as she walked. She had her hair braided into two Dutch braids, each one resting on her shoulders. She had dug her favourite bikini out of the middle drawer of the old dresser in her room. A simple blue triangle style one, it wasn't special by any means, however it made her feel good about herself. It was comfortable and it was a good colour on her, it matched her eyes. Over it she wore a pair of denim shorts and a simple graphic t-shirt. It was old, she had owned it for years. She used to drown in it back as an eleven year old girl, but now it fit fairly well. It was going to be a warm day, or so Myra assumed at least, so she had made sure to pack both a water bottle and some sunscreen into her bag.

Myra made her way out onto the docks, the dusty dirt road being firstly exchanged for a paved road and then shortly after a bunch of wooden planks. The soles of her shoes clicked against the sun bleached planks as she walked. She found herself glancing out towards the glittering water. It looked enticing to say the least. Myra kept on gazing around, still slightly mesmerized by the ocean, looking for Rafe and his stupidly large boat. She didn't see him anywhere, but they had said a quarter passed ten so she was a few minutes early. She took the moment to sit down by the edge of the docks to relaxe. She put her hands down on the wooden planks behind her, letting herself lean back ever so slightly. She now gazed up at the blue sky, feeling the warm rays of the sun dance over her face, kissing every little freckle. Her feet dangled off of the edge and she could smell the familiar and homely scent of the salty ocean fill her nostrils.

Soon Rafe showed up, slowly steering his boat towards her. It gently crossed the marsh, creating small waves behind it. Myra tilted her head down, seeing the kook boy already staring alluringly at her. He wore sunglasses too, expensive ones by the look of it, so she couldn't see his eyes, but he had his lips slightly parted. He looked at her with some kind of awe, which was new. Myra couldn't help but to look right back at him. He had his shoulders rolled back and the three top buttons of his short sleeved shirt were left unbuttoned. He looked as confident as always, his standard smug smile soon finding its way onto his lips.

Myra stood up, her hands resting on her hips. "Good morning" she urged loudly as he got closer, her gaze wandering across the large and expensive boat. "Good morning" Rafe called back, making the boat stop gently by the docks. Myra picked up her bag as Rafe made his way down towards her, giving her a hand up onto the boat. "Welcome to my druthers" he said proudly, letting go of her hand as he turned to look around his family's boat. "Thanks" Myra mumbled lowly, nodding her head once as she let her own gaze follow his. It was a large boat indeed. Nice, white and crisp. It was well taken care of. Shiny and all.

"You can drop your bag in here" Rafe hummed, placing his right hand on the small of her back before he led her to a glass door leading into a nicely decorated room. Myra took it all in, every Hampton beach inspired decorative item that hung on the walls and the dried flowers stuck into a vase on a nearby table. It really showed off the the rich boat lifestyle aesthetic. Things like that are important to people like Rafe, she assumed.