059; romeo and juliet

01:48 PM,
Myra had slept in as JJ had gotten up early. It wasn't customary for him seeing as he wasn't a morning person. He often fell asleep late at night so he would sleep in until at least twelve if no one disturbed him. He had gone to bed late last night too given the circumstances, yet the sun had awoke him at around nine in the morning. He had groaned, blaming himself for not pulling the curtains shut. He couldn't seem to go back to sleep, so instead JJ had wandered around the house. He found his dad soundly asleep on the couch. JJ hadn't heard him come back home last night. He let him be as he wandered over towards his younger sister's room. Myra laid in her bed completely knocked out, her light snores filling the small room. JJ knew how tired and hungover weed could make him feel so he left his sister be and got dressed before he headed over towards the chateau. JJ had hung out there for a while with John B until they decided to drive over to the Maybank household to wake Myra up. When they drove up to the small house they found the young girl stomping out of the front door. It turned out that Myra was going to work, so the two boys decided to give her a ride.

So now, just as the clock ticked over to 01:49 pm, Myra made her way into the lobby of the island club. John B and JJ had been quick to drive off after dropping her outside of the large building out on figure eight. Myra yawned faintly as she walked up to the front desk, seeing her coworker Cheyenne. "Look who it is, miss Myra, coming here to bless my day with her sweet face" the older woman spoke as she turned her desk chair towards the young pouge girl. Myra couldn't help but to laugh, even if she was feeling quite sluggish and tired from last night. "Hey Cheyenne" she greeted her coworker as she reached the front desk, laying her hands on the glass top, "have you been here all morning?". Cheyenne nodded her head as she stood up. "I have darling" she responded before she nudged her head towards the computer, "come on around, I wanna show you something"

Myra dragged her tired feet around the front desk. "Has it been a slow morning?" she asked Cheyenne, keeping the small talk up. "It has" Cheyenne informed her before she pointed towards something that was stood right next to the computer. Myra's eyes landed on a rather large bouquet of pink and white flowers. They had a bunch of greenery surrounding them. It was a very nice arrangement. "This came for you about an hour ago" Cheyenne hummed. "For me?" Myra asked, furrowing her eyebrows, "are you sure?". The aging woman nodded her head, "oh yes honey, they're addressed to you"

Myra walked over towards the flowers, letting her fingertips trace over them. They were fresh and smelled lovely. The colours were bright and a note was stuck to the side. Myra grabbed it, letting her eyes scan over the small piece of paper. She noticed the handwriting, it looked familiar. It was nice, with a slight tilting of tha a's and o's. The bouquet was addressed to her, but the note didn't mention who sent them. Odd, Myra thought to herself as she got flashbacks to the gifts she had once been given by a secret admirer. It had been quite some time ago, yet she had never gotten to the bottom of it. However she was fairly sure of who it was, she just couldn't seem to shake the confession out of him.

To Myra Maybank,
I've come around to see that age is nothing more than a stupid number and I won't let such a thing stop me from enjoying the time I can spend with you. I hope you like the flowers.
I'll see you around.

"Who are they from?" Cheyenne asked curiously. "I don't know" Myra shrugged as she turned around again to face her coworker, "didn't you read the note?". Cheyenne shook her head, "I didn't honey". Myra pushed her lips together for a split second. "Well, uhm, it doesn't say" she then confessed, clasping her hands together in front of her body. "So your secret admirer is back, how cute" Cheyenne cooed, making Myra laugh. "I don't have a secret admirer Cheyenne" Myra hummed, trying to convince her coworker of it as she walked over towards the back. Cheyenne just laughed, not believing it. It was clear as day for anyone to see.