049; breakfast

The darkness of the night turned into the light of the day, being exchanged as the morning rolled in to Kildare island. The night slipped away as Rafe and Myra laid in the car sleeping, their calm breathing filling the space. His right arm was laced around her waist holding her close to him. Rafe's chin and nose were nuzzled into the crevice between the base of her neck and her shoulder, her messy blonde hair tickling the skin upon his cheeks. Myra's head rested on his other arm, the one he had tucked underneath her. They laid still, their breathing syncing perfectly, like they were made to lay like that forever.

The darkness had been so overwhelming, bearing down on everything that surrounded them. The morning light was glorious, it's golden glow fastening on every single thing in sight. The sand, the ocean, the sky and the paved roads. It slipped into the car, dancing over their bodies, warming them. The blanket from the night remained on them. Myra stirred awake as the sun stroked her skin, feeling awfully bright as she opened her eyes. It made her blink vigorously as she adjusted to it, rubbing the sleep out of her ocean blue orbs.  She felt Rafe's arms around her. She could also feel the warmth that radiated from his body. She turned her head slightly to look up at him, seeing the way he was laying with his legs bent. He was too tall for the backseat of the car, nevertheless he looked so peaceful as he slept, the blanket upon his limbs.

"Rafe" Myra whispered softly upon seeing the golden hue slowly dancing across his face. He didn't answer, he remained still with his eyes closed and his lips pushed together. "Rafe" she spoke again, a little louder this time as she gently shook the tall kook boy. Myra had come to the realization that the morning had sneaked upon them and a fear of being seen like this settled within the pit of her stomach. "Rafe wake up, it's morning" Myra urged, dragging her hands across his face, "come on it's light out, people might see us here"

"I don't care if they do, I just wanna be here with you"

Rafe's words caught Myra off guard. He hadn't moved. His eyes were still closed and his body remained still. The only part of him that offered up any kind of movement was his lips. They had parted slightly, allowing the short sleepy sentence to slip out into the world in a low and raspy manner. Myra wasn't sure if Rafe was awake yet, he seemed half asleep still. "What?" the pouge girl spoke lowly, to taken aback to think of anything better to say. It was unusually sweet and honest of him, so she just had to make sure that she had heard him correctly. Upon her voice ringing out into the car, Rafe opened his eyes, now awake. He blinked his blue eyes, his eyebrows falling into a slight furrow. He looked at her in the light of the morning, licking his dry lips for a split second. He then spoke, his words somewhat disappointing to Myra, "uhm, nothing"

She sighed, turning her gaze away. She could now feel Rafe moving, stretching his arms and legs out in a stiff kind of way. "We can't stay here" Myra hummed as she sat up, once more gazing towards Rafe. He didn't answer, instead he just nodded his head gently. He pushed his shoulders back, a cracking noice being heard. Myra watched as he sat up, rubbing the palms of his hands against the back of his neck, gently massaging it. She assumed he hadn't slept too well, which had left him with a uncomfortableness lingering within his bones and joints. "Breakfast?" Rafe then asked, letting his hands fall to his sides. "Huh?" Myra asked, not having paid attention. She had been too occupied staring at the handsome boy that was sat before her, seeing his own kind of morning glory. "Are you hungry?" Rafe asked before he repeated himself, leaning over to tuck a strand of Myra's messy blonde hair behind her left ear, "I was just thinking that we could grab some breakfast"

Myra nodded her head gently, feeling her stomach rumble. "Sounds like a great idea to me" she whispered, enjoying the closeness of the kook boy. Rafe nodded once before pulling away. He opened the car door before he got out, stepping his feet onto the pavement of the parking lot. Myra watched him, seeing the warming rays of the sun now engulf all of his body within its light. The previous feeling of heaven returned. This must be some kind of heaven on earth she thought, tilting her head ever so slightly to the right. Rafe stretched his arms up once more, trying to crack his back. He needed the release after having slept like that in the backseat, not that he was complaining for it had been better to be here with Myra than alone at home in his bed. Myra watched him intently, seeing the way his hoodie rode up a little, offering a faint sight of his toned stomach. Rafe let his arms fall to his sides a few seconds later, grabbing the car keys out of his pocket.