073; day five continuation

Later that day Myra walked along the island centre as the sun had began to settle over the horizon. It left the small place in North Carolina with a golden hue. It danced over the streets, making the water that surrounded the island glisten. Myra drew in a deep breath, letting the salty air fill her lungs. There was a certain comfort and calmness related to the summer air, no matter what time of day it was. However now the clock was edging closer and closer to 9 PM, making the air a little cooler.

The soles of Myra's shoes dragged against the gravelled streets. It was a nice evening, but she seemed the be the only one out to enjoy it. She had walked for quite a while without seeing much people at all. A few senior couples were out walking and some children rode around on their bikes. The pub down in the centre of the island seemed full, but the streets weren't.

Soon Myra found herself by the beach, the very same beach she often went surfing at with her older brother JJ. The most popular place around the island in the summer time. The very same beach she had collected sea shells at for years. The place where she had walked along the shore with her bare feet. Where she had learned to swim, built sandcastles and laughed until her stomach hurt as a child. The same place she used to hang out with friends at. The same place her and Rafe had driven to and fallen asleep in his family's expensive car, holding each other close.

She took off her shoes, holding them in her hands as she made her way down the beach. The sand felt nice and warm against her bare feet, tickling her skin. Myra gazed out at the horizon, seeing the gold from before mixing with dusty pink and a deep orange. It coated the sky. The white clouds were going darker, slowly welcoming the night. Myra dragged her feet along the sand, awaiting Rafe. They had agreed to meet down by the beach. He had something planned but Myra wasn't quite sure as to what. She was fine with whatever. Rafe had told her that he wanted to make it up to her, their stupid argument, but Myra had assured him that it wasn't necessary. Rafe hadn't listened, stubborn as he often was and now here she stood.

"Hey, pearl"

His voice echoed along the empty beach, making Myra turn to her right. There he stood, Rafe Cameron, the only boy that made her mind go wild. He was stood a few metres away, his bare feet engulfed in the sand. He had his hands in the front pockets of his light washed jeans. A white linen shirt hung loosely from his broad shoulders, the three top buttons left unbuttoned showing off some of his toned chest. Myra watched as the light breeze from the ocean tugged at the material. He looked handsome, she thought as her eyes got caught on him. He was gloving in the sunset, looking like some kind of poster boy right out of a magazine.

"Hey there" Myra called back to him as she began to move her feet through the warm sand, walking over towards him. Rafe smiled as he gazed upon her, seeing the softness she brought along. The golden light washed over her, making her once again look like some kind of a sun goddess. A summer angel, or a heavenly gift. Myra had her blonde hair parted and braided into two Dutch braids. She had her favourite bikini on underneath a pair of light washed denim shorts and a knitted top. It was her light blue one. It was simple, but suited her well. She often wore it, in fact Myra was pretty sure that she had been wearing it during the boat trip that her and Rafe had taken with his father's boat. It was a good memory, engraved into her with lots of joy.

As Myra got closer to Rafe, she noticed the grand gesture he had mentioned. In the warm sand he had laid out a blanket for the two of them, a picnic basket next to it. "What is this?" Myra asked as she stopped by the tall boy. Curiosity and surprise lingered in her voice, mixing with a faint nervousness. Rafe skipped over to her, a pleased look upon his face. He almost looked proud. "A picnic" he pointed out, grabbing her hands to lead her over towards it. Myra couldn't help but to smile as she sat down next to Rafe on the blanket, feeling the giddiness radiate off of him. He had a familiar cocky grin upon his face and Myra could smell his usual scent as he drew a little closer to her, his expensive cologne. He had a few signature scents that he used, always smelling intoxicatingly nice. Myra watched as the kook boy opened the picnic basket, pulling out a bottle of champagne along with two plastic cups. He sat them down in the sand before he unpacked the basket further. Strawberries, green grapes, three different types of cheeses, some crackers, a small jar of fig marmalade, salami and some sour candy and chocolate.