025; boat day part 2

Rafe had taken notice of her bruises, alarm bells were blaring loudly in her head.

Myra walked off in a hurry, grabbing her clothes from the deck of the boat. Rafe turned to watch her, pushing his wet blonde hair out of his face. "Hey" he called out loudly, taking a few quick steps towards her. It wasn't a very nice hey, it was a stern and slightly aggressive one. Myra stumbled upon her feet as she stood up, her shorts and shirt in her hands. Rafe got closer, his blue eyes staring down at her intently. Myra stood frozen in her spot, clenching her jaw. She felt frozen like a statue too, like time had just stopped. Rafe had a harsh demeanour to him as he towered over her, his shoulders pushed back and droplets of water now trickling down his bare chest and abdomen. But his facial expression hinted with something else, a sliver of worry.

"What happened?" Rafe asked, his eyebrows furrowed and his hands by his side. Myra sighed, looking away for a split second before she gathered the strength to look him in the eyes, his sparkling ocean blue eyes. The kind of ones you could easily drown within. "I fell" Myra said coldly, grasping her clothes a little firmer, "I fell and I hit a rock, end of story". Rafe scoffed, pushing his lips together as he slowly shook his head once. It was antagonizing to say the least. "But..." he went on, clearly feeling some kind of a need to fight her on this one. Myra didn't let him, quickly interrupting him by simply repeating herself, "end of story, Rafe"

"Fuck it" Rafe muttered to himself, taking a step back. Myra watched him walk off, stomping his feet for a moment until he finally stopped and abruptly jumped back into the water. Myra dropped her clothes by her feet, standing still for a moment as she heard the splash coming from the marsh. Coming out here with him on his luxury kook boat had perhaps been a mistake? They were fighting already, over something so stupid too. It was nonsense. Myra took a step over her clothes, dragging her feet curiously towards the edge of the boat. She peered down, seeing Rafe swimming around in the water. She sighed before she jumped after him, causing another splash.

Rafe turned around in the water, seeing her head break the surface. A messy mop of wet blonde hair covered her tanned face. Myra pushed her hair out of her face, taking notice of Rafe's evident stare. He raised his eyebrows, still not speaking a word. It was a tactic of his, a way to get his will through, Myra just didn't know it yet. However it made her feel compelled to talk, to apologize even though she hadn't actually done anything wrong. "That came out a little harsher than I imagined it would" Myra urged, floating gently in the warm water. "What?" Rafe asked, blinking his blue eyes. "My words" Myra added a little louder, gazing at the kook boy. He scoffed once, seemingly somehow both annoyed and amused at the same time. "Do I look like a fucking baby to you or some shit?" he asked, the tone of his voice stubborn and clear. It was now Myra's turn to wallow in confusion. "Huh?" she hummed, scrunching her nose up a little. Rafe rolled his eyes, "you heard me... do I look like some crybaby to you?"

"No"

"Good, so don't treat me like one" Rafe muttered. "I didn't?" Myra questioned a little annoyed, swimming closer to him, "I just said that I sounded harsher than I intended to, just so you know". Rafe shrugged, "I don't give a fuck". He was clearly ticked off by her pulling away from him, perhaps embarrassed that he had showed some kind of emotion and sympathy and she hadn't responded the way he wanted her too. Myra rolled her eyes, swimming off as she muttered back to him, "whatever then... I was just trying to show some respect"

"You shouldn't respect me cause you think you managed to hurt my feelings" Rafe called back arrogantly, "like I said, I'm not a fucking crybaby... you should respect me cause I'm a kook and you're a pouge"

Myra stopped in her tracks, feeling some kind of rage begin to burn within her veins. She turned around in the water, seeing him floating around with a stupid and smug look upon his entitled face. The energy in the air had totally flipped by now, once more making it all feel so very hostile. "What's that supposed to mean?" she questioned. "You know exactly what that means" Rafe spat back. "Are you insinuating that you're better than me?" Myra asked, slightly taken aback but not surprised. His dickhead side was leaking through his nicely polished front cover. "I am better than you, everyone knows it... I'm a kook and you're just a pouge" he spoke loudly, a hint of aggression in his voice. "Just a pouge?" Myra asked, her voice mellowing out. "Yeah, you're just a pouge" Rafe repeated just as loudly as before.