077; caught part 2

What do you do when the world is at its end? It wasn't, not really anyways. However that's how it felt like for Myra as she turned around, coming face to face with John B who looked furious and shocked. She let go of Rafe in an instant. The sensation of his warm hands against her skin was quickly pulled away, yet he lingered not far from her. Myra felt her heartbeat pick up its pace, now pounding rapidly inside of her chest. She felt nauseous as she stood there unable to move. Panic was building up quickly throughout her body, making her hands tremble and her lips part. No words came out, not that it mattered. Myra wasn't sure what to say anyways, she couldn't think of a single excuse to save her ass now. John B had seen her kissing Rafe, and Sarah had seen it too.

Myra's hesitant gaze flickered back towards Rafe for a split second. She saw him looking back at her, something so reassuring lingering within his ocean blue eyes. He stood close, like he had her back in whatever was coming their way. Myra drew in a deep breath as she looked back at John B again. He was approaching quickly, Sarah by his side. Myra tried her very best to steady her breathing as he got closer and closer. She could see every emotion on his face so clearly. John B pulled a hand through his messy brown curls. His jaw was clenched tightly and his dark eyes were hyper focused on the pouge girl and the kook boy before him. The girl he had grown up with and considered his little sister for as long as he could remember. She had been cuddled up into the arms of the older filthy kook boy he couldn't stand. He was Sarah's brother, yes of course, still he made John B's blood boil.

"What the fuck is going on?"

Myra felt a wave of anxiety rush through her as John B's voice cut through the heavy tension in the summer air. He sounded both angry and surprised, like he couldn't believe his eyes. Sarah stopped right behind him, gazing at her older brother and JJ'a little sister. She had a sneaky look upon her face, but she bit her lip as she tired to hold it back. "I-, uhm, John this isn't... this isn't what it looks like" Myra stuttered as she took a step forward, putting her hands up in defence. It was too late, she knew that. Yet she wanted to make sure that she at least tried to apply as much damage control to the whole situation as she possibly could. John B didn't know what to think. A million thoughts were running through his mind in hyper speed. A frustrated and confused laughter spilled out of his lips as he looked at the two of them again, Myra and Rafe. "This isn't what it looks like? Huh?" he questioned, laying his hands on top of his head, "what is it then? Cause it sure as hell looked like you two were just kissing"

"Yeah, but I..." Myra trailed, feeling her body going numb. She felt frozen in her place. John's brown eyes scanned over her, awaiting her answer as he let his hands fall from the top of his head. Myra trailed off as she watched John's arms now hang limply by his sides. He was fill
waiting patiently for her to speak the end of her sentence, to explain something to him but she couldn't. Myra couldn't get another word out and John B felt as though they were now wasting their time. "You what?" he went on, pushing her to just spit it out, "what Myra? What?"

"Hey, calm down man" Rafe urged, his voice coming off as strong and demanding. He stepped out past Myra, pushing his shoulders back as he looked at John B. Myra gazed up at Rafe, taking notice of the way he had his chin tilted up and his jaw slightly pushed out. He looked intimidating, which she was sure only made the whole situation worse. "Shut the fuck up man" John B spat back, stepping closer to Rafe to push him back by his chest. Rafe stumbled back a few steps, clearly getting angry now. Just as he was about to shove John right back, Myra stepped in. "Hey, no... no, stop it" she urged loudly, putting herself in between the two boys. She didn't want this to break out into another fight, she was tired of it. Neither one of them wanted to risk accidentally pushing her, so they just stepped back. John looked at Rafe with gritted teeth and the stern look was returned by a even more agitated Rafe. John slowly shifted his gaze back to Myra as he parted his lips as to speak, "explain yourself"