066; day three continuation

Day four leading up to the island club party,
JJ was frantically pacing around the chateau. He was minutes away from pulling his own hair out. Once more he felt as though he had forgotten about his little sister with all that he had going on and the guilt was eating away at him. He had neglected his duties as her older brother and simply failed to take care of her yet again.

JJ had spent the night at the chateau, assuming that his dad and his sister were at home. When the storm had cleared and the sixteen year old pouge boy had woken up he had taken his dirtbike over to his childhood home only to find it quiet and still. His dad had been home, that was clear from the fire that had been burning in the fireplace and the new beer bottles on the coffee table in the living room. However he wasn't there any longer. JJ hoped that he was out working somewhere but realistically assumed that it probably wasn't the case. His dad was more likely out at some bar playing poker and getting drunk or high. It didn't bother JJ, or at least that was what he told himself. What did bother him was that Myra's bed was empty. Her things were untouched and her wet shoes weren't by the door, which indicated that she hadn't been home at all.

"Come on JJ, she's probably still at the island club" John B suggested from where he was sat on the couch out on the front porch of the chateau, his bare feet kicked up on the messy coffee table, "didn't she work last night?". JJ stopped to look at his best friend, seeing the way he looked so chill about the whole thing. "I don't know, I think so" JJ rambled, letting his hands fall to his sides. "The club provides shelter in storms, she probably just stayed there" Kiara added in, making JJ turn to look at her. "You think so?" he asked, still frantic. "Yeah" she shrugged, trying to calm the blonde haired boy down, "so chill Jayj, I'm sure she's fine"

Sarah was sat across from the group. She remained quiet but a millions thoughts were running through her head. She threw a curious glance towards John B, wondering if he was thinking about the same thing as her. He clearly wasn't, for he seemed confused. "I should go there" JJ then urged, referring to the island club, "to look for her, right?". Sarah saw her opportunity to get John B alone and she took it, seeing as Pope was back home helping his dad after the storm. "Yeah that sounds like a great idea, you should take Kie with you" Sarah urged to JJ before turning towards Kiara, "you're the only one who can keep him sane". Kiara laughed as she gathered her curly brown hair into a bun at the top of her head. "That's probably true" she agreed as she stood up. "Here, take the Twinkie" John B urged as he got the car keys out of his pocket, throwing them to JJ, "good luck"

JJ caught the keys with ease and a moment later him and Kiara had left the front porch of the old fishing shack. They walked side by side across the damp grass, soon getting into the old car. JJ had opened the door to the passenger side for Kiara before he skipped around the car with hasty steps, getting in himself. Sarah moved closer to John B as she heard the rustling of the Twinkie. JJ started it up and drove off. "Okay so I have a thought" Sarah spoke, gently easing the pouge boy with the brown curls into what she was about to say, "and bare with me cause it's kinda weird I know but I just can't seem to shake it and..."

"What is it Sarah?" John B asked, interrupting her rambling. "So Myra's gone, again, and we don't know where she went right?" Sarah went on. "She's still at the island club I assume" John B shrugged, not catching on to what Sarah was trying to convey. "Yeah right, we all assume that but we don't actually know" the blonde haired girl went on. "So?" John B questioned, still looking at her in a confused way. "So..." Sarah trailed on, tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ears, "you know that I was home yesterday, but do you know who wasn't there?". John B shrugged his shoulders, still clueless. "Your dad?" he suggested. Sarah shook her head. "No, he was home and he asked about you actually" she replied. "He did?" John B asked, seemingly a little surprised. "Yeah" Sarah went on, nodding her head, "I told him that you went back here to secure the place for the storm"