part six

WARNING: 18+ MINORS DNI

Bucky POV

I haven't figured out how to think about her without it ripping my heart out.

It's another one of those nights. I scream myself awake to end the nightmare of Leila being kidnapped and helpless. I'd rather have the dreams of her beautiful lips brushing my skin and taunting my every desire than these nightmares.

It's been two weeks since I last saw her. Once she hopped the jet with agent Hill; Steve, Nat and I met back up with Sam who got caught up in his own mission with Redwing for Fury right after he helped us put a tracker on the red truck. That's why he wasn't there to hear Leila's explanation of being kidnapped during our mission.

What Steve, Nat and Leila don't know is that before we got to finish our mission and find the first batch of serum, I had my own mission in Moscow.

Find the men that hurt Leila.

And I did.

-two weeks ago-

That same night we were sent to a hotel to stay in the meantime as Fury set out a plan for us. We were each in our own rooms as we turned in for the night, but I found my way to Sam's door and knocked gently. I'm hoping he's awake and thankfully he is. The door creaks slightly open as Sam's eyes dart through the two inch space between the door and door frame.

"Buck, what's wrong?" He can tell something is off. It's either the scowl I have on my face or the fact that I'm in my suit still but with more equipment. I have a few more knives attached to the exterior of my suit for easy access, brass knuckles attached to a Velcro strap on my right midsection, and a few pistols attached at the waist and on my shoulder blades. I had enough time to patch up my bullet wound and it's healing up pretty nicely. Sam looks me up and down and I give him a stern look.

"I need to know the location of those trucks," I begin. Sam opens up his door more and beckons me inside.

"That's what we're doing tomorrow."

"I know. But I have my own agenda." I reply.

Sam stands tall in his white shirt and animal print pajama bottoms. "What are you up to," he questions.

"The less you know the less Fury needs to get involved." I simply state.

He's squinting his eyes in disapproval but then shrugs his shoulder. "All right, but you're not costing us the mission tomorrow. Don't let anyone know I told you this." He proceeds to walk to the small table in his room and open his laptop. He opens a software and starts clicking until a screen with a map pops up. I follow him and lean in close. There's a circle pulsing on the map and I'm assuming that's the active tracker on the truck.

"It's about 20 miles out. Looks like a warehouse. They could still be there, laying low." Sam tells me, studying the map.

I clap his back with my right arm, "Thanks, man."

"Do you need redwing for extra assistance?" He asks. I think about it for a second but I really don't need Sam being more involved than he already is. I'm fine on my own.

"No, thanks man. But I do need to know if Nat got her bike from the jet," I say.

Sam straightens and shakes his head as he chuckles. "Man, she is going to hate you."

-

About half an hour later I'm pulling up on the motorcycle and check the time. It's nearly midnight. I look up and see a chain link fence a couple yards away and I chuck the motorcycle in some bushes nearby. I fidget around my suit until I find what's hanging on the other velcro strap on my left mid section, my mask. I haven't used it since my Winter Soldier days.