part nineteen

Leila POV

My head is pounding as sunlight hits my eyes, awakening me from my heavy, intoxicated slumber. I try to lift my hands to shield my eyelids from the harsh light, but they ache. My whole body aches. I forgot how unruly a hangover is especially when you're no longer twenty-one.

I flutter my eyelids open, attempting to focus my vision on my surroundings. I notice I'm in my room and I'm tucked in my bed. In an instant, I lift the duvet covers and sigh in relief. I'm thankfully fully clothed in pajamas.

Whoever put me to bed made sure I was comfortable. That's when my mind filters through last night's drunken memories and pulls up the one just before I blacked out. Bucky.

We were in the booth at the bar and then... what? I close my eyes, willing to remember everything that happened after that. But I can't. I silently curse myself for getting so drunk that I blacked out. This hasn't happened since college.

My mind suddenly thinks of Natasha and my body pushes itself out of the bed. I see that my phone is plugged into a charger on my nightstand as well as a full glass of water and a bottle of tylenol sitting next to it. I smile and wonder who put that there for me last night. I thankfully chug the glass and take two tylenol capsules.

I drag my bare feet to the door and open it slowly and start making my way down the hall and into the vast living room. I see Nat curled up on the couch, cradling a pillow near her chest. She's in one of my pink pajama sets that I must have lent her.

My feet pad their way to the couch and I sit on the edge, brushing her feet. "Nat," I whisper, laying my hand on her arm and nudging it carefully.

Her green eyes flutter open slowly and she takes in the room and slowly turns to where my voice is. She gives me a small smile and smirks. "Did you have fun, Lei?" Her voice is coarse and I see there's a glass of water on the coffee table. I lean over and grab it, pushing it in her free hand. She takes it and pulls her body up on the couch, taking a sip.

"What happened last night? I don't remember getting here," I confess. I yawn and wince as my body aches come back.

Nat shrugs and takes another sip. "We danced forever while you were talking with Bucky. We were there until the club closed."

I crane my neck. "So two a.m?"

She chuckles and shakes her head, "No, three a.m. Bucky brought us here and you were completely knocked out by the time we made it in the elevator."

I scrunch my brows and look up at the ceiling, attempting to remember anything she said. "Did you help me with these?" I ask, pointing to my pajamas on my body.

"No, Bucky actually did." Nat replies. She catches my wide-eye look and rushes, "Don't worry, he helped me get into these too. He's quite the gentleman. He even left us water for when we woke up. He was so silent when he left, I kind of forgot he dropped us off."

Her words sink in and I lean back on the couch and huff out a breath. I'm not too surprised Bucky helped us into some pajamas, but he definitely didn't need to do that.

"We can't do that again, I feel like a truck ran over me." I finally reply. Nat scoffs and finishes her glass. She places it back on the coffee table and leans back on the couch.

"Yeah, no kidding. I know Steve encouraged us to go out, but I don't think he meant it like that."

I shake my head and laugh, "No, I doubt he would have encouraged that much fun. Your friends Thor and Loki were really fun."

Nat smiles widely and nods her head, "Yeah, it was pretty random seeing them there. I definitely think a speakeasy is moreso Loki's vibe. But, they did tell me before we left the club that they had a blast."