Three.

-1940-

The same day.

You got all dressed up for your 'date'

You got all dressed up for your 'date'. Your father was out again and you had no idea where he was, this made it easier for you to sneak out the house, you've done your house chores and made him soup to come home too, so there was no reason for him to complain. You just hoped for the best he would pass out and wake up the next morning so he wouldn't catch you coming home late.

Just like planned you met Steve and James at the entrance of the carnival. The boys were already there and waiting for you, before you even arrived Steve and James reassured each other that it was all going to work out fine, Steve was more nervous than James was. James was use to going on date and talking to girls, in fact he was a natural at it, every girl fell for his charm. Steve on the other hand was the opposite. Steve fixes his shirt as he takes a deep breath. James chuckles turning to face him.

James: "Come on pal, pull yourself together. She'll be here in matter of minutes and you look paler than snow white"

Steve let out a nervous chuckle.

Steve: "I've never done this before, it's nerve wracking"

James: "She's a sweetheart, you'll ease into it I just know it"

The boys then drew their attention to you when they saw you approaching them. Their jaws dropped from how beautiful you looked.

Y/N: "Fellas"

You state softly with a smile, they both snapped out of their thoughts and picked up their jaws again smiling it off. James steps closer to you taking your hand as he places a soft kiss on it, you felt your heart thumping as he does that, the butterfies in your stomach began to kick in. Once he removes your hand from his lips he holds it gently looking into your eyes.

James: "You look breath taking, doll"

You raise your eyebrow at him, you wanted to seem confident although that nickname made you melt inside, you couldn't deny you loved it.

Y/N: "Doll? I could get use to that"

You tease as he let's go of your hand, he takes a step back giving Steve his moment to greet you. Steve stood there hesitant but once James gave him a reassuring nod he steps forward taking your hand, giving it a kiss while his eyes stays glued to yours. You don't know what it was but whatever you were feeling, was the cause from both of the boys. Not one made you feel some type of way but two. You chew on your lip nervously as Steve leans back up caressing your hand with his thumb.

Steve: "You truly look like an angel tonight ma'am"

You smile removing your hand from his, the compliments felt a little overwhelming now.

Y/N: "You're both too sweet.. shall we?"

They both nod guiding their hands up letting you walk in first, you state a thank you as you walk in, they follow on after. Steve walking on your left, and James on your right. Your eyes brighten at the atmosphere around you, children playing, couples kissing, the bright lights and the stalls. It was a beautiful sight.