Four.

- 1940 -

5 days later.

It's been a couple of days since the first date. Since then you were just focused on working, often after your shift, you, Steve and James would do something small such as go on a walk, or visit the local bar where you first met. Just doing simple things to get to know each other more. The more the days went by you were starting to realise you liked them both.

Though James was giving you more attention since the kiss you shared in the booth, Steve was acting more like a friend around you. At times you would catch him glancing at you or you'd share a few moments of laughter and he would place his hand on your thigh, the moment he notices this he would brush it off and act normal again.

James was away for army duties only for a day, the intentions with James was clear. You knew he liked you, but you needed to tell Steve the truth first. How you felt. Earlier today you asked Steve if he wanted to do anything after your shift, go to a local coffee shop and walk around the city.

It came towards the end of the day, Steve walks towards your desk outside Howard's office but you weren't there. He heard laughter coming from his office as he frowns. He could tell just by your laugh it was you, and the way you were laughing around with Howard didn't sit right with him. He scoffs as he opens the door walking straight in, for the first time he didn't knock, he wasn't being polite, in a way he was being salty.

Steve: "Am I interrupting something?"

He asks, you were sitting on Howards desk facing him. When you heard Steve's voice you slowly stood up from the desk and turned to Steve.

Howard: "Not at all, what's up?"

Steve: "I'm here for y/n"

He points towards you before bringing his arms down folding them. You give him a warm smile before placing your hand on Howard's shoulder.

Y/N: "That's my cue to leave"

Howard nods standing up.

Howard: "Have a nice evening"

Y/N: "You too!"

Steve always noticed Howard being all flirty around you, and you were too innocent to notice, you thought he was just being nice. You pat on Steve's shoulder to leave as you exit the office, grabbing your bag from your desk. Steve stands there glaring at Howard.

Howard: "Was there anything else buddy?"

Steve smiles sarcastically.

Steve: "Nope, that's all"

He then turns around following you out of the building. The two of you find the nearest coffee shop as you take your seats, you both sit opposite each other and order something small to eat and drink. About two hours passes and you don't even realise it from being so caught up with the conversation. You both decide to go on a little walk around the city and after a while it begins to rain.

Y/N: "Oh my gosh seriously?! I knew I should of bought a jacket out with me"

Steve chuckles as he takes his off.

Steve: "I've got you covered"

He stands behind you and places the jacket over your shoulders, you tug on it. He then walks besides you again.

Y/N: "Thank you. That's very sweet of you"

The two of you just walk in the rain, laughing and talking, just being in that moment and enjoying each other's company was all you needed. It started getting late and luckily the rain stopped. You and Steve walked towards the sea, finding ways through the rocks and to sit near theshore. By now it was dark, you both sit on a large piece of rock lookingout at the city lights. Now was the perfect opportunity to tell Steve exactly how you felt, frankly he beat you to it.

Steve: "So uhm, you seem to really like James huh?"

You bite your lip nervously as you nod in agreement.

Y/N: "I do, he's such a sweet soul and he makes me happy"

Steve nods in agreement as he looks out to the sea with a soft sigh.

Steve: "That's Mr Barnes for you"

Y/N: "You make me happy too"

Steve instantly shot his head to you with his eyes wide.

Steve: "I'm sorry?"

You turn your body to face him as you take his hand. He nervously looks down at your hand but doesn't hesitate to squeeze it gently to comfort you.

Y/N: "Is it so bad that I want to get to know both of you?"

Steve shakes his head.

Steve: "It's not bad at all, but eventually you're going to choose one of us and the other is going to be left in the dark so I don't think-"

You instantly interrupt him.

Y/N: "What if I choose both of you?"

Steve just looks at you puzzled, you knew it sounded crazy too. A woman dating two guys, in this world, people would judge, in fact find it disgusting but it felt natural to you. You spoke from your heart and Steve could tell you weren't joking. Your eyes said it all.

Y/N: "I want you both.."

You whisper as you shuffle closer to him. You let go of the hand he was holding and you bring it up to his cheek caressing it softly. Steve's eyes would trace down to your lips then back to your eyes.

Steve: "I uhm-"

He drops his head down, lifting his other hand as he scratches his forehead, just stuttering to himself.

Y/N: "Hey.."

He shoots his head back up to meet with your eyes again dropping his hand down as it accidentally lands on your lap. You give him a warm smile.

Steve: "I haven't.. ever.."

Y/N: "Had your first kiss?"

Steve presses his lips together before nodding. The embarrassment flushed through him. He wanted to kiss you but he was more worried if he was going to do it right, he didn't want to mess it up and make himself look like an idea, not while he thinks you deserve the best. You lean in closer until your lips are inches apart.

Y/N: "I'd love to be your first if you let me.."

You whisper softly, you lean in even closer brushing your lips against his teasingly but not exactly kissing him. Steve nods slowly, with his approval you attach your lips with his kissing him softly. He slowly lifts his hands up placing it on your waist as your hand lands on his cheek caressing it softly. He got a hang of it just by copying your movements. Once he parts his lips it made it easier for you to deepen it, you lean into him wrapping your arms around his neck as the two of you make out for a little while.

You slowly break the kiss but you keep your face close to his, your eyes meet his as you both smile at each other. Your hands then slip to his shoulders.

Steve: "We need to tell him.."

Y/N: "We will"

You slowly pull away, you were somehow relieved Steve now knew the truth, you felt bad kissing him behind James' back but you needed to know for sure, by kissing Steve what the outcomes were going to be, and just like you predicted, those butterflies came back. You were starting to fall for two soldiers.