Three months later.

Me and Jeremy went on many dates, to many to count.
We were dating. I love him.
It was easy and I loved it.
He had his own friends and I had mine, I didn't feel suffocated or a burden.
He wasn't embarrassed of me.
"We still on for dinner tonight?" He parks the car outside Heywards shop.

I nod leaning over kissing him.
I undid my seat belt, climbing over to straddle him.
"Whoa- here? Right now? What if someone sees us?" He stops me from undoing his shirt, there were a few things that were different from him and Rafe.
"Yeah your right- I'll see you tonight love you" I kiss him once more getting out his side of the car.
Walking into the shop.

"Hey heyyy" I tap the counter top, smiling at Pope who was sat bored behind it.
"Kat- what you doing here?" He smiled brightly, like I'd saved him from death.
"Thought I'd take you out? Go bike riding or something? I know college has got ya down so why not?"
We didn't go to the same college, he went somewhere fancy, not the first place he wanted but still a good school.

The others went to my college, the local college.
I was studying English and Medicine, I wanted to be a doctor.
Even Sage was over here full time, she was living between my house and Jenna's.
Alice had gone to a college in Hawaii, thank god.
Jake had moved back to England.
The pogues still met up all the time, all except Pope and Kie.

They had fallen out.
Turns out I was right, Sage was with Kie while Kie was still with Pope.
He was crushed, I fell out with Sage for a little because of it.
Being a home wrecker isn't cute.
We're good now, Pope hates both of them but luckily he doesn't hate me for still hanging with them.

"Yeah I'd love to-" he nods jumping over the counter.
He waved goodbye to his Dad before we go round the side getting on the bikes.
"Holy shit- you took the roof off?" I notice his Dads Car had no roof.
"Yeah- convertible or something, my Dads project" he smirked a little.
It was quite a sight.

"Wanna take it out for a spin?" He side eyes me, When did Pope get so much like JJ and John B?
I liked it.
"OH MY GOD!" I stand up in the car as Pope raced through the back roads.
The wind whipping my hair behind me, my arms up in the air.
"This is amazing!" I sigh, tilting my head up to the sky, feeling the refreshing breeze on my face.

I open my eyes seeing the blue sky, the only noise I could hear was the radio.
The song sex on fire playing loudly.
God. I loved summer.
Even though we weren't on summer break, the weather was still amazing.
I look straight again, looking ahead at the empty roads, my smile widening when I see some rabbits in the fields.

"You alright up there?" Pope laughed, he looked so relaxed.
So peaceful.
"Hell yeah!" I chuckle, looking down at him.
I loved outer banks, it was such a beautiful place.
My smile soon fading when I see an old friend drive past.
I hadn't seen them in a while.

I quickly sit down suddenly not feeling as free and calm as I just did.
"You ok?" Pope noticed my flat face, I nod a little smiling.
Turning up the radio.
I hadn't seen Rafe in months, he left for business with his Dad.
I didn't know he was back in town.
It was a lot easier being with Jeremy when Rafe wasn't here, in town where I could see him.

The song 'fire' by Two feet plays next, as if it had access to my memory.
The song me and Rafe danced too when we went to the family dinner with the Cameron's.
A business meeting.
He asked me to dance, ignoring Alice who desperately tried to get him to notice her.
I reach over quickly turning the radio off.
"You alright?" Pope looked at me this time, only for a few seconds before turning back to the road.

"Yeah- I- uh" I shake my head trying to shake my thoughts away.
"Can I ask you a personal question?" I run my hand through my hair, half expecting him to tell me absolutely not.
"Yeah" he spoke softly, he was different from every other friend I had.
He was emotional, sentimental and proud of it.
Accepted it. I loved that about him.