6 - Can't sleep

This oneshot takes place after season 2, on Poguelandia

Happy Reading, and please don't forget to vote, comment, share and request! <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 20 on Poguelandia, well according to JJ's tallies on a palm tree.

20 days that had been spent stranded on a deserted island.

In those 20 days, many things were achieved.

The pogues had successfully built a hut, a fire pit, surfboards of sorts, activities, household-style furniture (as close to that as possible considering the lack of resources) and had found enough food to last them a while. But the experience wasn't a complete success.

The experience was hard on everyone, for their own reasons. And as for Kie, she was struggling for a variety of reasons. She was overwhelmed and stressed and very, very scared for if and when she went home. Millions of thoughts had flooded her head, leaving her without a minute to rest.

It was an overcast afternoon on Poguelandia.

The pogues had all chosen to spend their afternoon doing different things. John B. and Sarah went for a walk around the island. The others were skeptical as to what this "walk" referred to, but never bothered asking questions.

Pope and Cleo had recently began dating and were now out swimming in the ocean.

And as for Kie and JJ, they were lounging in the hammock that the pogues had made on their fifth day on the island. The palms that it was made out of ensured it was stable and comfortable (though not as comfortable as the one at the Chateau).

The two had become very close after recent events, spending excessive time together considering the other four were all in relationships.

There was comfortable silence for a while, Pope and Cleo could be heard from afar, playing in the ocean.

"So, Kie, how've you been with this island thing and all?" JJ asked, trying to brew up discussion.

Kiara didn't answer, her eyes were droopy and she was staring off into blank space.

"Kie?" JJ asked louder, trying to get her attention.

"Hm?" Kiara shifted her gaze to the boy in front of her.

"Are you okay? You've been kinda off lately." he asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Fine. Did you ask me something?" Kie asked, eyes still slightly droopy.

"I was just wondering how you've been doin' on this island n' shit." the blondie asked.

"Yeah, all good. You?" she replied quickly.

JJ suspected something was up, she was quick to reply and change the conversation. He knew Kie well, and he knew that her heart wasn't here.

"Yep, all good... Okay, Kie. Talk to me, what's really goin' on? Whatcha thinking?" JJ asked, trying to lighten her mood.

"I don't know, J. I just think about all these things and I can't get them outta my head, and God I could really use a J right now!" the brunette ranted, laughing lightly at the end.

"I think we could all use a J right now, Kie... What are you thinking about, though? What's stuck in that beautiful brain of yours?" he questioned.

"Everything... My parents, OBX, being stranded on this island, that stupid school for 'troubled teens', and..." she stopped and shrugged. "I don't know, just everything. I think about this shit all the time. I can't even sleep at night!" she sighed.