10 - Period

Minor season 3 spoiler warning!

Takes place after season 3 (before the time jump!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JJ and Kiara were lounging outside of Tannyhill, the residence that the pogues had collectively purchased with some of their gold.

The couple were happily sat on a beach chair by the pool. JJ was asleep and Kie was snuggled up beside him. The girl had been feeling discomfort all day, but had shrugged it off.

Until suddenly, she felt it. That sudden rush of blood and terror.

Kie quickly shot up, forgetting that the sleeping boy's arms were wrapped around her. He suddenly woke up as well.

"Kie?" the boy asked.

"I'm fine, I'll be right back." she smiled, hurrying inside.

Kiara quickly grabbed a tampon and returned outside minutes later.

"What was that all about?" he asked once she had returned.

"I started my period." Kie sighed.

The girl had never been shy about her menstrual cycle. After all, she had grown up around these boys and they never kept secrets. Pogues never lie to pogues. So, it wasn't weird for Kie to tell her boyfriend. And he didn't find it weird either.

"Are you alright? You need anything?" the blondie offered.

"Maybe just some time with my boyfriend." she shrugged.

"I can do that." he smiled, scooping her up and carrying her inside.

"I have legs, you know." Kie giggled.

JJ placed her down on their shared bed in their lavish Tannyhill bedroom. He turned on the TV and laid down beside her.

The couple quickly snuggled up together. At some point, Kie got tired, which resulted on her falling asleep on JJ's chest to the soothing sound of his calm heartbeat. JJ fell asleep not long after, never taking his eyes off his beautiful girl until he drifted off into slumber.

Kie woke up to the agonizing pain of cramps. She winced and held her abdomen, hoping it would make her feel better. Clearly it hadn't worked, since her pain became worse and she had woken up JJ.

"Woah, Kie, you good?" JJ asked with worry.

And suddenly it all hit her. Tears came streaming down her face and the pain became even stronger. It was as if any small question of concern was all she needed to reach her emotional tipping point.

"What's wrong, princess?" the boy asked, caressing Kie's back.

"It hurts so bad." was all she struggled to get out.

"I'm sorry, baby. Do you want an Advil?"

Kie nodded.

"Are you hungry?"

Kie immediately shook her head. The thought of eating anything made her sick to her stomach.

"I'll be right back." the boy smiled, setting Kie down gently onto the mattress and running off to get the pills and water.

He quickly returned to the room, finding Kie hunched over on the side of the bed.

"Shit, I'm gonna puke." she mumbled.

"It's okay, come on." the boy placed the two pills and glass of water on the dresser and then guided Kie to the bathroom. He sat down behind her, drew circles on her back and brought her hair into some type of bun.