26.

•Chapter Twenty-Six•

•Rafe•

"How are you doing?" I asked Topper as he walked into the hospital room. It'd been a full week of constantly staying in the hospital, staying beside Lane through her coma.

I stayed overnight this whole week and would go home in the mornings to take a shower and pick something up to eat. I cried almost every single night, begging her to wake up.

"I'm alright, it'll take awhile for me to get better even when she does wake up" He replied. He hadn't been doing too good, he stayed up here as well, trying to stick by her side even though he was severely traumatized.

"Why don't you go and do something with Sarah? Get out and do something for yourself" I suggested and he shook his head.

"I don't want to leave her, what if something else happens?" He asked and sighed. "I'll be here, if something does happen then I'll call you. Go, you need to refresh your mind from all of this" I waved my hand through the air as to make a point.

He hesitated and looked at Lane before nodding, "I'll be back here tomorrow" He frowned and I got up to hug him. "Be safe" I gave him a small smile and watched him walk out.

I sighed and sat back down in my usual spot that was in a chair next to her bed. "Please wake up for me ,baby. We're all miserable without you with us" I whispered, my eyelids heavy as all I did in this room was stare into nothing or check things on my phone.

I laid my head down for a second, only a second but the room became dark and I gave into sleep.

•Lane•

I inched my eyes open, trying to adjust to the brightness as the light in front of me was enough to blind someone who was in a deep sleep. I looked down and around the room to see plain white walls and then a few things scattered around while something, more like someone, was laying on my legs.

I focused more on the person and realized the familiar light brown hair that stood out in any room. I smiled for the first time in I don't know how long as I didn't even know what happened. I just woke up in a room that was bright and someone was laying on me.

I picked up my right arm to suddenly hiss in pain as I just now realized there was a cast on it. I furrowed my eyebrows and picked up my right arm to feel that it was just fine. I silently sighed and placed my right hand in his hair and started lightly massaging through it.

I had so many questions but I didn't want to wake him up.

•Rafe•

I felt something, like a hand in my hair. I peeked my eyes open to hear a light breathing so I jolted my head up to see a wide-eyed Lane staring straight at me. I furrowed my eyes brows and rubbed my eyes to see if it was actually real or if I was dreaming and she was a ghost telling me that she had passed to the afterlife.

She smiled and gave a small wave with her right hand and I shot forward to embrace her in a hug.

I can't believe she's awake, is she actually?

"Lane, oh my God, you're awake" I cried, tears filling my eyes as I kissed her head and looked back at her.

"I guess I am, what happened?" She asked, her voice raspy. I shook my head as tears continued to stream down my face and down into her hair.