31.

•Chapter Thirty-One•

•Lane•

I groaned as I turned off my alarm clock that was set for six this morning. I was getting up extra early as I had a surprise for Rafe waiting for him when I got to his house.

I decided to dress different today so I picked out some black bell bottoms, a beige laced bralette and his favorite black and brown checkered flannel to pair with it since it was cool outside.

Once dressed, I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth before straightening out my dirty blonde locks. I did my skincare and used the bathroom before going back into my room and putting my rings on and placing my black sun glasses on top of my head.

I checked myself in the mirror before grabbing my wallet and phone and heading down the stairs where my parents were.

"Good morning, you look lovely today" My mom smiled as she hugged me and looked me up and down.

"It's my boyfriends birthday" I grinned and watched her face turn excited. "Boyfriend? Is it Rafe? Please tell me it's Rafe?" She asked and I eagerly nodded.

She kissed the side of my head, careful not to mess up my hair, and handed me my keys. "I'll be back later to pack my bag and tell y'all goodbye, love you and tell dad I said the same thing" I pointed at her and she nodded before walking into her room.

I walked outside and to my jeep where I turned it on and smiled to myself, I'm so glad I didn't get this crashed.

I drove out of my driveway while playing some of The Weeknd's songs until I got to the donut shop on Figure Eight.

"Hi, welcome to Maria's Donuts. What can I get you for today?" A girl who looked around my age asked.

"I need a dozen chocolate, half with sprinkles and half plain. Also some regular glazed donut holes please" I smiled and opened up my wallet.

She nodded and started getting together my order while I opened up my phone to text Topper.

Bestfriend👑

Is your ass awake yet?

Yes, Sarah just got done wrapping
your gifts for you and he's still asleep.
Where are you?

Getting donuts, don't let anybody eat yet

Ohh that's sounds bomb rn, see you soon❤️

❤️

"That'll be 28.30" The girl called out. I looked up from my phone and slid it into my pocket before pulling out 30 and handing it to her before grabbing the box of donuts and donut holes.

"Excuse me" She said right before I opened the door. "Yes?" I questioned.

"I was wondering where you got your pants, they're really cute?" She asked and I smiled. "I got them from a store before I moved here, sorry" I apologized and she smiled.

"Have a nice day" She said before I left. I opened up the box and resisted the urge to take a donut but quickly shut the box and drove off to the Cameron's house.