32.

•Chapter Thirty-Two•

•Lane•

It'd been a few weeks since we got back from Rafe's birthday trip to California and to say that he loved it was an understatement.

The night of the concert was amazing, we all had fun and the night went smoothly, a make-out session between me and Rafe may have been included as well when we got back to the hotel room that night.

"Your family is almost here, get up" My mom interrupted my thoughts as she gestured for me to get up off the couch.

Ah yes, my family. Some of them I call family, some just have the same blood as me and I see it as nothing further.

My mother has two sisters, Jesse and Shay. Shay is the youngest, she's seven years older than me and I've always looked at her as a older sister but recently she's given birth to her daughter, Honey, and she's a single mother.

Jesse is the oldest, she's married and has four kids. Andrew who's 21, Tessa who's my age, Julie who's 5 and Max who's a newborn.

Jesse, her husband, Andrew, Tessa and my grandmother all treat us differently because my parents are rich. They've always had a problem with it because my parents have more money than them.

"Yeah, family" I mumbled and got up. "Alright, look, they may treat us differently but they're still family so I don't need any attitude from you. I also don't want you with your friends and boyfriend all the time while they're here" She said, raising her voice.

I wanted to question why she was raising her voice as she never gets mad but I left it alone and figured it was something her mother said.

"And no fighting with Tessa, alright?" She asked. Tessa was a snotnosed brat and we were always stuck together at family gatherings, needless to say that we never got along. She was jealous of my life and teased me about everything, one day I hope I can punch some sense into her.

"Yeah, yeah" I replied in a mumble, walking up the stairs to sit in silence while I still had it.

I told Rafe, Topper and Sarah that my family was coming over so it's not like they didn't know, they just didn't know that I couldn't come over as often as I usually do. I debated on texting them but decided not to since I would try and sneak out tonight if I had the chance.

"Knock knock" My dads voice came from the other side of my bedroom door. "Come in" I sighed, sitting up on my bed to lean against my headboard.

"She's pissed, just ignore her and enjoy the silence while you still can" He huffed an amused laugh while sitting on the edge of my bed. I cracked a smile and looked up at him, his lips pursed as he twisted his wedding ring around his finger.

"Is she pissed because of something her family said?" I asked. "Yeah, her mother made a snarky comment about staying in the house" He sighed and I rolled my eyes.

"They'll be here in a few minutes so be down soon, we're having dinner then you can sneak out to the Cameron's house" He winked at me and I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist and leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I've missed you being around here" He mumbled through his lips that were pressed to my hair.

"I know, I'm sorry" I sighed. "You're not my little girl anymore" He frowned and I looked up at him.