34.

•Chapter Thirty-Four•

•Lane•

The day of the Figure-Eight Winter Event had finally arrived and to say I was excited was an understatement. Yes, it was a normal Kook event but I was just feeling different about this one for some reason.

Sarah and I had went to the Mainland soon after I found out about the event and we both found our dresses. She picked out a Maroon colored velvet dress that went down to her mid calf and had sleeves since it was cold out in this time of year. It was January after all.

I picked out a basic and simple looking black dress that was strapless and went down to my ankles and had a slit in it. I got even more excited when I decided to pair matching black gloves with it to at least keep some warmth on my body for the night. I'd always loved the cold, I'd get chilly, yes, but I always preferred the winter over any other season because I loved the cold.

Topper offered to come over to mine so we could get ready together since both of our "dates" were together at their house. Rafe had no idea what my dress looked like except that it was black to which he simply nodded and told me that he found a nice suit to go with it. I was excited to see him since he told me it wasn't just going to be a normal and plain suit.

"What are you going to do with your hair?" Topper snapped me out of my thoughts as he came out of my bathroom from changing into his own suit.

I looked over at him and smiled once I scanned over his outfit. He was wearing black slacks, a black blazer but a matching Maroon undershirt to pair with Sarah's dress. "You look nice" I complimented him and he cheekily smiled.

"But I plan on slicking it back into a low pony or maybe even a bun" I shrugged once I collected my dress that was hanging on my door to prevent any wrinkles or stains.

He nodded and I went into my bathroom to quickly get changed. I slipped on the dress and smiled to myself once I scanned it over in the mirror. I brushed my hair out and slicked it back with some gel and decided to put it in a low ponytail.

I had already done my makeup which consisted of nude colors so I clasped a pearl necklace around my neck and sprayed some perfume on before walking out to put my heels on.

"You look beautiful" Topper grinned once he turned around when he heard the door open. I winked at him and sat on my bed to pull on my plain black heels.

"Can you hand me my gloves please?" I asked him as he was standing over my dresser that held my jewelry and other accessories. He nodded and placed them next to me on the bed as I finished strapping on my heels.

I pulled the gloves on and flexed my fingers as I had never worn gloves like this before. I turned and made jazz hands at him to which he burst out laughing at.

I slid on my promise ring and the pearl ring I got from Rafe when he gave it to me on midsummers and last but not least an emerald jeweled bracelet Topper had given me as an "early birthday present".

"I really do love this bracelet, thank you so much" I wrapped my arms around him and he placed his chin on my bare shoulder.

"You'll always be like a sister I never had" He whispered as we held onto each other. "And you'll always be a brother I never had" I whispered back.