Chapter 4: Things Go Wonderfully Right (Or Horribly Wrong)

A couple months later, Kula was wondering around the town. The shop was closed for the day so she didn't have any work— or anything to do. Chewing on some gum, she watched as a crowd of mostly Jr. High kids excited a train and walked up the hill, excited chatter buzzing in the crowd.

Wonder what's happening. Kula thought to herself, glancing over in the direction the crowd was walking and her eyes fell on the well known structure of U.A. Right, the entrance exams are today. Staring up at the school lazily, Kula remembered all the times that Ms. Ito had told her to enroll for the Support course. It wasn't that Kula didn't want to— hell, she would love to be able to attend U.A.'s Support course.

But they would throw me in jail after they knew what I'd done. Kula thought, turning around and shoving her hands in her hoodie pocket, making sure the hood covered the majority of her face. As she walked away, someone bumped into her shoulder.

"Watch where you're going, asshat." She snapped, looking over at the boy with a scowl.

The boy looked over his shoulder, letting out a small squeak when his green eyes met Kula's golden ones. "A-Ah, so-sorry!" He stuttered out.

"Whatever." Kula muttered, turning back around and walking downtown. She was walking quickly as if she had somewhere to be. Though once she saw the familiar face of Shigaraki she started walking faster.

"Don't pretend you didn't see me." He said and Kula stopped, looking at the man who was standing in an alleyway.

"Don't stand in alleyways, it makes you look like a villain— oh wait." Kula said curtly. "What do you want? Shitgaraki?"

"Don't worry. I'm not making you use your quirk. But I heard the hero exams are happening today at that U.A school, right?"

"Mmhm." She hummed.

"I've also heard from some... sources... that All Might might be there. Today is the only day their security system is inactive, but that means they've buffed up the other security so that means there's no way I'm getting in there. So you're going to have to infiltrate the building and report back."

"No way in hell." With that, Kula walked away, only to feel a hand wrap around her upper arm, just above her elbow. Slowly, the hoodie she was wearing started to decay and turn to dust under his grip.

"Are you sure you don't want to reconsider?"

"Let go of me." Kula snapped, wincing in pain as the skin on her arm started to decay. Gritting her teeth, she closed her eyes. "Fine. I'll do it. But I'm not going to take any of the exams." If she didn't agree Shigaraki wasn't going to let go any time soon, and she preferred to to keep her arm on her body.

"I wouldn't want you to. They might find out about what you've been doing and I might loose my money maker." He threw some bandages at her and Kula watched as the roll dropped to her feet. "Now go, you don't want to be late."

With that, he disappeared in the familiar black smoke, leaving Kula with her arm hanging limply at her side. Punching the brick wall next to her with her uninjured side, she let out a muffled scream of rage before grabbing the bandages and wrapping them up around the decayed part of her arm— luckily she agreed just before the decay exposed her muscles, but there were still golden droplets of blood welling up at the injury.

"Guess I'm going back to U.A." She muttered, turning around and walking back to the school.

***

Walking up to the building, Kula blended in mostly with the students all around her, though her rough exterior and angry expression made them shy away slightly and whisper amongst themselves.

"She isn't planning on applying for the hero course, right?"

"She looks more like a villain than a hero."

"Do you see that bandage around her arm and her torn hoodie? She must of gotten into a fight. Not to mention she looks really grungy."

"A thug like her isn't going to get into U.A."

Kula scoffed and ignored all of the comments, walking through the doors of the building and down the hallway. Heading into the closest bathroom, she went into a stall and closed the door. Sitting on the toilet with her legs pulled up to her face, she listened as the chatter slowly died down from the hallways telling her that it was safe for her to leave.

Exiting the room, Kula started walking down the hallway with a bland expression. All of the students that had been flooding the halls were in auditoriums. Keeping her hood up and covering most of her face, she walked along the hallways, looking for any evidence that the Symbol of Peace was actually at the school.

"Why would he be here of all places?" Kula muttered to herself. "Shitgaraki's source was probably lying to him."

"Um, excuse me, young lady." A voice said, and Kula looked over her shoulder, seeing a familiar skeletal looking man behind her— it was the same man that visited Ms. Tori's shop, she knew him as Toshinori.

"Hm. What do you want?" Kula asked, just because this guy was vaguely familiar, it didn't mean that she was going to be nice to him.

"Aren't you supposed to be in an auditorium room? Oh, hey, I know you." His eyes widened slightly, "You're the girl that works in Aika's shop."

"What of it?"

"I'm guessing you're trying for the Support Course? You should be in that auditorium. Why are you out here?"

Kula scratched the back of her head, I've got to think up a lie. She thought to herself.  "I never actually registered to take the exam. So I can't-"

"Nonsense. Aika already sent in some registration for you." He waved his hand, a smile on his face. "Ito Kula, that's you right? Aika didn't know your actual surname so she submitted your forms in with her last name."

"Yeah. That's me all right." Kula said. I should of known Ms. Ito would of sent in a registration form for me. "I guess knowing that, I can take the exam, huh?" She had to be honest with herself, she had always hoped to take the exam for the Support Course.

"Here, I'll take you to get the exam card and then to the auditorium where your exam will be held in a few minutes."

Well, it's not like I was going to stumble upon All Might himself by just wandering the halls. Kula thought, following Toshinori, a small feeling of excitement rising. I guess I ended up going to the exams in the end.