Chapter 39: Taking Police Dog too Literally

An ambulance came not too long after Stain froze in his spot— they were in a streets where not much was happening so luckily the ambulance came for them quickly. Kula wouldn't find out until later that a rib had punctured Stain's lung and caused him to fall unconscious right where he stood.

Kula was put in a room with Iida, Midoriya, and Todoroki. Normally, that wouldn't happen since she was a girl and they were three boys, but due to the sheer amount of civilian and hero injuries during the attack, the hospital was kinda full at the moment.

They had all slept through the night— just barely— and were all awake and sitting up in their beds. Kula was looking down at her bandaged hand. Luckily the cut wasn't too deep and all it required was someone with a monitor healing quirk and some bandages. It would be sore for a while but she would be able to get back to her internships after just a day in the hospital.

"-After everything that happened back there, it kinda feels like a miracle we're even alive" Midoriya was saying, getting Kula's attention. "With my leg messed up, I was an easy target, he probably could of killed me if he really wanted to."

"Yeah. Seems to me he let us live on purpose." Todoroki said, glancing at his arm. "I'm impressed by you though, Iida, he was actually trying to murder you, but you stood tall."

"That's not true. I was..."

"Oh, don't go bringing yourself down, Iida." Kula said, getting the engine boy's attention. "You're one of the main reasons we're all alive right now."

Iida just looked at her, only to look towards the door as people walked in.

"Oh, so the injured youngings are awake." The old pro, Gran Tornio, said as he walked in.

"Gran Torino!" Midoriya said.

"And Manual too." Iida added.

"Kula you're okay!" Someone shouted and Kula looked from Gran Torino who had started to lightly scold Midoriya back to the doorway, where two familiar scientists were standing.

"Tanabie, Hiroji." Kula said, nodding her head as the two of them walked in. "Sorry for worrying you two."

"You're sorry? We should be the ones apologizing!" Tanabie exclaimed, "I shouldn't of let you go out all alone!"

"You didn't know villains were going to attack. It's fine, really! It's not the first time I've gotten banged up."

The three of them stopped talking as a dog headed man strapped into the room, and Kula could already tell that he was an authority figure.

"This is the chief of police, Tsuragamae Kenji." Gran Torino introduced.

The cheif?! Kula thought, immediately moving to stand up from her bed, seeing that the others were doing the same— Midoriya having a bit of trouble due to his injured leg.

"No, please, stay seated. Woof." Tsuragamae said, raising a hand— paw— as he looked around at the four of them in the room. "So, you're the U.A students that brought down the hero killer, huh?"

"We are." Todoroki said.

"Stain has some serious injuries, severe burns, and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard. Woof. There's a lesson you should of already learned, when quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. We decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons, that's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed of course. Woof. And would be impossible for police to condone the use of deadly quirks, after all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury. Whether you were up against the Hero Killer or not. None of you have the authority to harm the villain. That means the four of you, and your supervisors, Endeavor, Manual, Gran Torino, Tanabie, and Hiroji are sure to receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers."