Chapter 22: A Shocking Battle, and... an Advertisment?

"Alright listeners, the stage is finally dry!" Present Mic announced, his voice reaching Kula in the hallway that lead out to the field. "Sorry for the long wait, but we're finally ready for the next round!" At that, Kula started walking to the stand, her opponent, Kaminari, was heading to the stage as well.

"He shocked his way into the finals, It's Kaminari Denki from Class 1-A! Versus, She's a wildcard who hasn't showed her quirk to the world, but has proven herself through her inventions, it's Saito Kula from class 1-H!"

By the time he finished announced, Kula and Kaminari were standing on the stage, the blond looking at her with a smug grin.

"Why don't you make it easier on yourself and just give up now?" Kaminari asked. "I'm part of the hero course, so I'm totally going to win this battle."

Kula scoffed. "Wow, you're confident. But I'm not going to give up that easily, pikachu."

"Pikachu?" He repeated.

"Start!" Present Mic shouted and Kula sprung to action, grabbing small, metal, cube bricks from her bag and throwing them onto the ground, immediately running towards Kaminari.

"How about I give you a shock, of 1,300,000 volts!" He shouted, lightning bouncing around his body before being sent out onto the stage.

"Woah, woah! A strong first attack from class 1-A Kaminari! How will Saito handle it? Doesn't seem like she's making a move to avoid— wait, what's happening?" Present Mic shouted.

Kula smirked as the electricity started shifting, instead of waving out in a circle, it was being dragged towards the bricks that Kula ad thrown out at the start of the match, leaving a path for Kula to run straight towards Kaminari.

"I'm assuming those cubes have some sort of electromagnetic field to them that attracts the electricity that Kaminari sent out." Aizawa observed.

After Kula and Mika had talked, she had started working on a simple device that would work towards her favor in the fight— sadly she had to sacrifice her hover board for it, but it was for the greater good— or it was going towards Kula winning this match. She was relieved that the devices worked as well as they did since they were built in under half an hour.

"Whee?" Kaminari said, walking in circles giving a thumbs up.

He's short circuited. Kula thought to herself. Perfect. Grabbing onto the boys shoulders, she pushed him out of bounds.

"Kaminari has been pushed out of bounds! Saito moves onto the next match!" Midnight exclaimed.

The crowd erupted in loud cheers as Kaminari was placed on a stretcher and taken off the field by two robots and Kula walked off the field in a slight shock. She didn't expect the battle to go as well as it did. She expected Kaminari to be smarter— he was in class 1-A after all— but she was wrong, his first move was strong but caused him the match when it didn't work out.

"Now, onto the next match!" Present Mic announced as Kula headed up to her class's seating area. "Iida Tenya versus Hatsune Mei!"

This will be interesting. Kula thought.

***

Kula was right, the next match was interesting. Boring, but interesting. Mei had decided to use poor Tenya as a means to share her 'babies' to the world.

"I... I don't know why I'm surprised." Mika said, "She's been saying she'd do this for weeks, but still I never actually took her seriously."

"Poor Iida." Kishi muttered as the boy was yet again forced to stay on the stage as Mei continued with her showcase. It had been just over five minutes, and she didn't seem like she was going to be stopping for a few more minutes.

The match lasted ten minutes before Mei finally stepped off the stage, wiping her forehead and proclaiming that she ad finally finished showcasing all of her 'babies'.

"O-oh! Hatsune Mei is out of bounds! Iida moves onto the next round!" Midnight exclaimed, sounding relieved that it was finally over.

The next two matches consisted of Class 1-a students that Kula had no interest in watching, so she was sitting in the waiting room with Mika, who was participating in the match right after the one of Tokoyami against Yaoyorozu.

"So, you're up against Kirishima?" Kula started.

"Apparently, you know him?" Mika asked.

"Yeah, I've encountered him a few times before. I think his quirk has something with hardening his skin to make a type of defensive shield. He was able to withstand Bakugo's explosions during the Calvary Battle."

"So maybe if I hit him repetitively with my fireworks I can get through the shield."

Kula nodded. "It can't be completely invincible. Though be careful, his skin gets sharp when his quirk is activated."

Mika nodded as she thought, "So, keep my distance and keep hitting him. That seems like a sound battle plan. I don't think I'll need any support gear on this battle if it'll be that simple."

Midnight's voice came through the intercom in the waiting room.

"Yaoyorozu is out of bounds! Tokoyami moves onto the next round!" She called.

"Well, that's my cue." Mika said "Wish me luck!"

Kula nodded. "Break a leg." She said simply.

Mika grinned, walking out of the room as Kula headed up to the seating area, wanting to watch every second of the battle.