Chapter 19: Trust

Heya Sinners! I will be changing a few things up for the Sports Festival, aka there will be changes on who's in and who's not, as well as changing up some of the battles! I will also not be going into detail about all of the fights, just so I don't write what everybody already knows.

Thanks for understanding!
-Sin
_______

Trailing behind four other people, Kula took a few deep breaths as she slowed to a stop, placing her hands lightly on her knees as she caught her breath. She looked up at the scoreboard which was slowly filling up as students got back into the cheering stadium. She had managed to finish the race in fifth place, much higher than she thought she would place.

But, this meant she was going to be moving onto the next round— she only hoped it wouldn't be too deadly.

_________________

"Hey Kula! Thanks for laving us behind!" An annoyed voice said, and Kula looked behind her to see Kishi and Mika walking up to her, Kishi having his cheeks puffed up and an adorable annoyed expression on his face.

"We were competing against each other." Kula muttered. "I was just doing what I could to win." She straightened up and started to walk towards podium were Midnight was standing.

"Still, I'm hurt." Kishi said jokingly with his cheeks puffed up.

"The first game for the first years is finally over, and what a game it was!" Midnight announced once everyone had finally filed in. "Now let's take a look at the scores, shall we?"

Kula looked up at the scoreboard, reading the names along it.

1st Place: Midoriya Izuku
2nd Place: Todoroki Shoto
3rd Place: Bakugo Katsuki
4th Place: Ibara Shiozaki
5th Place: Saito Kula
6th Place: Iida Tenya
7th Place: Kajiwara Mika
8th Place: Eijiro Kirishima
9th Place: Hoshiko Kishi

"Hey! We all got in the top ten!" Kishi exclaimed, his past annoyance gone without a trace as he looked up at the scoreboard with excited eyes.

"Only the top 42 will advance to the next round, but don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut. We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine." She licks her lips, once again sending a cold chill down Kula's spine. "Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!" Once again, the green appeared behind her and the students watched with anticipation on what their next game was going to be.

Once the spinning stopped, Kula's eyes traced over the words that were showing in bold yellow letters.

'Cavalry Battle'

"Isn't that a group event?" Mika asked, "I wonder how they'll score us if we're not doing this individually."

While Mika was thinking, Kishi was almost jumping up and down with excitement. "This means we'll get to be a team!" He squeaked out, his voice seeming to of risen a few octaves out of excitement.

"Allow me to explain." Midnight said, shushing the curious students. "The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference, each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course.

So each team will have a different point value that'll be higher or lower depending on the people in said team. Interesting. Kula thought, placing a hand to her chin as she thought out possible strategies, she didn't really know the quirks of kids outside of her class and even then she didn't know all of them, though luckily there were only four of them that would be participating in the Calvary Battle. Interrupting her thoughts, Midnight spoke up and announced one last thing.