Chapter 7: *Insert Bad Dad Joke Here*

Months had passed since the entrance exam, and Kula was sitting in the back room of the Support Shop, sketching in her ideas book.

"It's the first day of U.A." Ms. Ito said, walking into the back room having just given a newly repaired item to a pro. "It's a shame you didn't actually take the exams. I know for a fact that you would of passed.

"Yeah. A shame." Kula muttered, not looking up from her sketchbook. She hadn't told Ms. Ito about anything— her taking the entrance exam, or even her getting accepted. Even though the letter had been sent to the shop since that had apparently been the address Ms. Ito had put as Kula's address, Kula had managed to catch it and stuff it in her jacket pocket before Ms. Ito was able to get a glance of the famous symbol that waxed the letter shut.

Ms. Ito sighed. "You can go home early, dear. There's nothing around the shop that I need you to do."

"Alright. Thanks Ms. Ito." Kula said, standing up and tucking her idea book under her arm, starting to head out of the building.

"And Kula," Ms. Ito said, stopping the girl just before she walked out the door.

"Yeah?"

"Get some rest. Don't think I haven't noticed those eye bags. A young girl like you should be getting her rest. I don't care how much you want to work on those ideas of yours."

Kula looked at the woman. "I'll try. I'll see you tomorrow Ms. Ito." With that, she walked out of the store and flipped her hood up before starting to head back to her apartment.

On her way, Kula stopped at a convince store to buy some cheap meals. She was starting to run low on food at her apartment. After buying food, she walked out of the store with bags in her hands, running into a man on her way out, her hood slipping off her head with the two of them colliding.

"Watch it." She snapped, turning to glare at whoever had run into her— only to freeze in her spot.

"Sorry. I, uh, wasn't watching—" The man started, trailing off when his eyes met Kula's. "Kula? Is that you?"

The man staring at her was the man who used to be Kula's dad. Feeling rage build up in her, she gritted her teeth, turning away and flipping he hood back up and started to walk away. She didn't want to talk with him.

"Kula, wait!" He shouted, grabbing onto Kula's arm. "Please come back home, you mother and I—"

"She's not my mother." Kula snapped turning her head to glare at him. "She might of been once, but the moment she started treated me as a means to get rich, she forfeited that title." She said cooly, pulling her arm away and shoving it into her pocket. "The same goes for you, too." With that, she shoved her hands into her pockets and walked away, ignoring the calls for her to come back.

She only stopped when a hand was placed on her shoulder, the grip tightening.

"Kula. I know what we did in the past was wrong, but please, trust me when I say the both of us have changed." The man pleaded.

"Keep your hand on me and I will scream." Kula threatened. "And you know what happens to a man when accused f kidnapping, right, Saito?" She said, watching as the man flinched at her use of his surname.

"You really hate us, don't you?" He asked.

"Hate's a strong word. I prefer the word loathe, it's much stronger." She said, shaking off the man's hand and walking away, not even glancing back.

"I'll find you again! You'll be home again! You are our golden child!" He shouted after her, and while the tone he was using sounded like he cared, Kula could hear the undertone that his voice held. It was full of greed.

"That bastard." Kula muttered to herself. "Like hell he'll find me again."

When she arrived back at her apartment, the familiar figure of Shigaraki leaning against the entrance caught her eye.

"What do you want?" She asked, her voice dripping with more hatred than normal.

"Wow, what's with the hostility?" Shigaraki asked. "Actually, on second thought, I don't care. I just came here to inform you that All Might is working at U.A. The news was released this morning. So, that means, the media is going to be swarming the place in the next few days."

"And that involved me how?"

Shigaraki grinned, "We need to get files on All Might, and while I can get through the defense by decaying the wall, I highly doubt that I can blend in with those students." He moved his hand up and started scratching his neck. "That's where you come in. You in?"

"Like you actually give me a choice." Kula said, the grin on Shigaraki's face widening.

"Good answer. Kurogiri will warp you when the time comes. Be ready. And study this map of U.A." He handed her a map before black mist surrounded him and Kula watched as he disappeared.

Running a hand through her hair, Kula stared forwards blankly. "Guess I'm going back to U.A." She muttered. "If only it was because I was actually attending the school."