smooth like butter

"i'm here!" the boy with the blond streak yells as he runs over to the team. not yet acknowledging the new person in the group.

"why are you late, nishinoya?" the coach barked at the boy.

"i had to finish a test for maths, here's my note." he said whilst holding out a crumpled piece of paper.

ukai snatched the paper from the boy, unfolding and quickly scanning it.

the boy reached up and pulled tanaka down by the sleeve. "am i dreaming or is there another angel besides our gorgeous managers?"

"not dreaming dude. she's here and she's beautiful." the taller boy said staring dreamily at the three girls having a conversation.

you were too indulged in the conversation about second and third year drama to notice the short boy staring at you with stars in his eyes.

"have you ever been arrested?" the boy spoke up, catching the attention of the three girls. you tilt your head to the side with a small smirk, knowing where this was going.

"yeah." you simply stated with a straight face.

"it must be illegal to look that go- wait what?" he asked with wide eyes.

you giggle before continuing, "yeah, i stole your heart. didn't i?"

the boy stood there stunned, for no girls had responded to his awful pick up lines with anything other than 'i have a boyfriend' or 'ew'.

tanaka overheard the conversation and lost his mind, grabbing the frozen noya and pulling him to the other side of the gym.

"dude."

no response from the libero.

"dude." he repeated.

"bro!" he said while slapping the boy as if to wake him up.

"she- she-" the short boy stammered.

"is one smooth mother trucker." the taller boy said. noya nodded in agreement.

"smooth like butter. should i get her number?"

"not yet bro."

"then when bro?"

"later, try using more pickup lines."

"good idea."

the boys glanced over to your small group, that now includes hinata and sugawara.

"i'm not going to right now, but i will later. don't want suga to yell at me for harassing the new girl."

"smart thinking."

"all right guys, stop standing around and start warming up for practice!" daichi yelled to the boys.

"yes captain." the team yelled back synchronized.

"so do we just watch?" you ask the two managers.

"basically." kiyoko responds.

"yeah." haya says while looking at the boys with a bored expression.

'they look like they're having fun.' you thought to yourself.

"let's make a tiktok!" haya exclaimed whilst setting her phone up to get a view of the mangers and of the team practicing.

"my biggest flex is that i get to hangout with a ton of hot people for two hours straight." haya whispered to you as she's picking the song.

"you are lucky." you giggled.

haya ends up choosing the 'here comes santa claus dance'. the team hear the timer go off and glance at the two of you starting to do the dance. them now being on a water break decide to watch to see where this goes.

just as you're about to do the drop, nishinoya, tanaka, sugawara, kageyama, ennoshita, daichi, and hinata all sprint to where you're doing the dance. kageyama and sugawara pick you up and throw you over their shoulders to prevent you from finishing the dance. ennoshita and daichi do the same to haya.

nishinoya and tanaka decide to finish the dance for you, with hinata trying to follow along with the dance.

you're laughing, already given up on trying to break free from the setters. haya is laughing while jokingly punching daichi's back to let her go.

the other boys and the coach are laughing at the group of teens and recording it, especially tanaka and nishinoya getting into the dance.

the song seems like it's never going to end as sugawara is spinning around with you over his shoulder and daichi is doing the same with haya.

finally the song ends, the boys gently put you down. you and haya slightly stumble from laughing and being dizzy as you walk to the phone.

"thanks guys." haya says sarcastically.

"i kinda want to stay now here now." you pout.

"stay here?" ennoshita asks.

"she means with the team." haya awkwardly laughs, trying to not blow your cover.

"she can come to practices if she wants." ukai said while skimming over his notes to see what drill he's having the boys do next.

"really?!" you say with stars in your eyes.

"thank you coach ukai!" you exclaim whilst bowing at an almost 90 degree angle.

"no problem kid, you got glasses over here to laugh so i think you're doing something right." ukai chuckles.

"alright boys! back to practice!" he calls to the boys.

"i think the team likes you." haya says while reviewing the video before posting it.

"what makes you say that?"

"they never interrupt me when i'm making tiktoks. they normally just play along."

you hummed in response before reminding her to tag you in it.

——

it was the end of practice and haya's phone began to ring.

"hello?"

"hey mom."

"really? right now?"

"okay okay. love you. see you when i get home. bye." she says while hanging up the phone.

"what's up?" you ask the aggravated girl.

"i can't wait for kai with you." she sighed.

"it's fine. i have my phone and the boys to talk to so i'll be fine." you assured her.

"okay, text me when kai gets here." she says while walking out of the gym.

"you got it."

after about five minutes of talking to the first and third years, you hear the gym door open.

it's your beautiful best friend.

"princess?" he calls out walking into the gym, catching the attention of the boys.