hot potato

"hello?"

"N/N!" a voice on the other end yells.

you hadn't looked at the caller id and decide to take a look.

"shinsuke?" you ask into the phone.

"NO ITS-"

"why don't you just facetime her idiot?" a muffled voice scoffs from the other end.

the call hangs up and you have another incoming call, this time a facetime call.

at this point the all of the boys have gathered around you, looking back and forth from you and the phone. you felt slightly embarrassed being the center of attention.

"answer it!" tanaka and noya nearly yell at you.

you roll your eyes and answer the phone.

the face of a spikey haired libero and blond setter pop up.

"tsumu? akagi?"

"hi n/n!" the say looking at you.

you see their eyes dart around the screen as they slowly look at the boys surrounding you.

"is it just me or does this look like-" atsumu is interrupted by akagi placing a hand over his mouth. the phone is then snatched from akagis hands.

"aran!" you say in a singsong voice.

"hey n/n!" he says while walking away.

"how's the ass?"

"still phat."

"keep it that way." you say before giggling with the ace.

normally, you had a handshake to go along with it but since your not with him you just said the words.

"who's that beh-" he goes to speak but the phone is snatched away yet again.

this time a boy with short, spikey sandy colored hair had the phone.

"gin!"

"n/n!"

at this point the boys standing around you are confused as to who these people are that you seem close to.

haya's head snaps up at the sound of his voice and she decides to snatch your phone.

"gin?"

"haya?"

"hey boo!"

"hey! don't forget to call me later!" haya says as you pry the phone from her grip.

you look at the screen and the face of a lazy middle blocker you've grown close to.

"rin!"

"n/n!"

you see a figure creeping up behind suna with an evil aura radiating from it.

"oh shit watch out rin!"

the phone was taken out of his hands and is now held by your cousin.

"hey y/n."

"hey shin!"

"i'm sorry for the inconvenience, i left for not even five minutes." he sighs shaking his head.

"you should make them run at practice." you say with an evil grin.

"all ready planning to." he smiled.

"tell auntie i say hi."

"will do." he says as he hangs up the phone.

there was a brief awkward silence around the table as the call ended.

tanaka decided to speak up.

"who were they?"

"my cousins team." you answered.

"which one was the cousin?" hinata asked.

"probably the last guy." kageyama said.

"you guys might know the team." you smiled at the boys.

"which team?!" hinata and noya yelled synchronized.

"inarazaki, from the hyogo prefecture."

you see the gears turning in their heads as they try to remember who that is.

"wait-" daichi started to say.

"like the team that has gone to nationals 3 years in a row?!" sugawara yelled out.

"i think so." you scratch the back of your head.

"you don't know?"

"ehh, it's not that i don't know it's just i didn't realize it's been three years already." you explain.

the boys look at you, indicating for you to continue.

"i've gone to every important game they've had, even missing class for some. i'm also really close with the guys on the team so i guess time slipped by." you shrug.

"do you have any feedback on how we could beat them if we play them?" tanaka asked.

you look at them with a shine in your eyes.

"i have a few tips."

(unedited)