5: 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

The small group of five found themselves walking on the beach, kegger in hand. Y/n stood in-between her brother and John B as she, Kie, and Pope all watched the two boys set up the kegger. Soon enough, they all held red solo cups as they got were given drinks. John B handed Y/n hers with a smile and a wink, making her cheeks go red.

Eventually, the beach had started to get more crowded with more teenagers, also taking drinks from the kegger as the sun was slowly starting to set.

"Alright. You can't understand the Outer Banks without understanding the boneyard. It's kinda like a three-layer burrito."

"Yo, what's up, homie?" John B greets, Y/n standing beside him as she fills a drink from the kegger.

"What's up, guys?" A boy greets back, taking the offered drink from Y/n.

"There's us and our friends, the working-class derelicts."

Once the boy walks off, John B fills another drink before him and Y/n turn to their right, seeing other people standing there. However, they don't hold smiles on their faces like the others.

"Then, there are the Kooks, the rich second-homers."

Y/n watches as John B holds the red solo cup up with raised brows. Pursing his lips, the Kook boy goes to take it, but John B moves his hand around, avoiding the boy from getting his drink. A small giggle passes the Pogue girl's lips, making John B smirk at her, when suddenly the Kook snatches it from his hand.

"They're mostly from Pouncey-ass boarding schools, just rich trustafarian posters. Our natural enemies."

John B looks at the girl, smirk still evident as she fills another drink, looking to their lift, being met with a girl standing in front of her.

"And then, there are the Tourons."

"Do you want a beer?" Y/n asks, holding the cup out for the girl.

"Totally clueless. Here for a week on vacation with their families."

The girl smiles, taking the drink. "Thanks."

The two share a little smile before shaking their heads as they were joined by JJ and Kie. John B then proceeds to hold out a drink for a girl.

"Hey, you want a beer?" John B asks.

"Chum for the sharks."

The four all then dispersed from each other, but John B pulled Y/n with him, the two happily talking to one another as they sat on a tree branch that held their weight. John B kept his eyes on the girl as she talked, a smile on both their faces. As they were talking, Kie walks over to them, smiling then fading from her face when she sees a certain blonde.

"What is she doing here?" Kie questions.

The two hum in question, but Kie doesn't answer. Sharing a slightly confused look, Y/n and John B follow her gaze, eyes stopping on the blonde, who was looking out in the distance.

"That's Sarah Cameron. Kook princess. Kiara's best friend in the ninth grade, worst enemy in the tenth grade. I work on her dad's boats, so, you know, I've seen her around."

As the two Pogues continued staring at the Kook princess, Kie walked off with an eyeroll upon the girl's presence as a boy from below Sarah came up.

"Then that's Topper, her not so pleasant boyfriend. Topper actually thinks Pogues were bred to mow lawns."

With an eyeroll, John B looks away and back at Y/n, her doing the same, except for the eyeroll. Unlike Kiara, she didn't have much of a problem with the Kook princess. In all honesty, Sarah had been nice to her before, but Y/n thought that was just a one time thing. There was a small part of her that didn't like Sarah because of what she did to Kie and how mean she was to her, but the other part, she didn't mind the girl.