16: 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚔

The next morning, the five Pogues found themselves sitting in the HMS Pogue, driving through the giant blue waters and towards their destination. John B held his girlfriend close as they chatted with Kiara and Pope while JJ stood inside at the steering wheel.

"Alright, JJ. Pin it here." John B eventually announces.

"Roger that! X marks the spot." JJ replies, doing as told.

John B leans down, grabbing the drone and hanging it over the edge of the boat, above the water.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen." John B starts. "To going full Kook."

And with that, he drops the drone into the water, where him, Pope and Y/n watch through the camera as Kiara holds the tether that was attached to the drone, measuring how far down the drone goes.

"Alright, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B calls.

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." JJ repeats.

"One hundred feet." Kie calls out.

Suddenly, a gasp leaves Pope's mouth as he staggers back slightly upon seeing a squid swimming in front of the screen of the drone before swimming away. Realizing what he did, he tries to play it cool and just continue to stare at the screen like nothing happened. John B, however, notices his actions and rushes over.

"What? What, what, what, what?" John B chants over and over.

"It's nothing." Pope replies, not wanting to dampen the boy's mood.

John B let's out a groan as he joins his girlfriend's side again, hearing Pope stammering an apology. Eventually, Kie announces the drone dropping to four hundred feet, tallying it with a piece of chalk on the boat. The sound of thunder is soon heard from the distance as the, from afar, the clouds were darker.

"The tide's turning." Kie states.

"Hey, JJ?" Y/n calls, receiving a hum in response. "Ten seconds easy. Southeast."

JJ nods. "Copy that!"

"JJ, twenty seconds mid-speed, alright? South." JJ instructs.

"Copy that! Aye, aye." JJ replies, once again doing as told. "Keep the tether out of the prop!"

"I'm trying!" Kie exclaims back.

"JJ, keep going!" John B demands.

"John B, Y/n, is that good?" JJ asks.

"We're good!" Y/n replies.

"Okay, seven hundred feet!" Kie informs.

A clap of thunder happens again, sounding closer than before. The four teenagers outside glance to their right, the wind picking up more and more as the water becomes more rough. Kiara and Y/n's hair continuously blow in their face due to the wind. The waves continue to become more violent as JJ looks out the window, seeing the clouds and lightening in front of them.

"JJ, hold it steady!" John B orders.

"Okay, nine hundred!" Kie calls out.

"JJ, we're gonna turtle in this storm, man." Pope informs, voice laced with worry.

"Nine-twenty!" Kie continues.

"Crank it north by northwest! Ten seconds!" Y/n instructs.

"Pope, how are we doing?" John B questions.

"Almost there." Pope replies.

"Guys, there's too much current! We're gonna lose it!" Kie exclaims, yanking on the tether.