6: 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕

The night sky was up in the Bahamas as the crickets were chirping in the tall grass, not doing anything as the insects only focused on something else. If anyone were to walk by the Cameron vacation residence, they'd see at least two or three cops cars parked in front of the house, a truck parked with them from the people that had broken in.

The sound of Ward Cameron's voice made both John B and Y/n tense up as they had no idea what he'd do if he knew that they were alive and not dead. Them and the Pogues back in the Outer Banks could only guess that he would just try and get John B into jail like he had been doing before they even left the island, not wanting himself or his own son to be caught like the murderers they were.

As she watched one of the cops roughly grab ahold of John B's head and pulling it back, Y/n was frantically looking around for a way to get them out of there before Ward could see the boy's face. The sound of his voice telling the cop he was losing signal, Y/n was turning to the wall she had been peaking from, seeing a control panel just by the door.

Not even caring what it did, she opened it and pressed on some buttons before looking over the wall again just in time to see the sprinklers go off and the cops all cry out as they avoided the water getting into the eyes. Seeing one of the cops rush in her direction to turn the sprinklers off, the girl ran inside a small shed.

Through the small cracks of the shed, she could see the cop press the buttons on the control panel before the sprinklers turned off, all of the cops confused as to why the sprinklers went off as the police with the phone tried speaking to Ward. Looking to her right and gaze stopping on a can of bug spray, an idea suddenly pops into her mind as she grabs it, getting out of the shed and standing up straight before venturing out and revealing herself to the police.

"What is going on?" Y/n asks.

The cop immediately aims his gun at her, making her raise her hands. "Who are you?"

"I'm, uh, Val. I'm house-sitting for the Camerons." Y/n lies. "I just started a week ago."

"We caught this guy trying to break in." The cop tells her, seeming to believe her lie.

Y/n looks to her boyfriend, pretending to look confused. "Oh, I know him. He cleans boats for the neighbors."

"Which neighbors?" The cop questions.

"Like, the, um, the Stanleys. Down the street." Y/n replies, continuing to lie.

The cop raises a brow. "What's his name?"

"Uh, Vlad." Y/n stammers out.

Almost right after, she pressed the small button on the can and aimed it at the cop, spraying him right in the eyes. John B was quick to tackle one of the police to the ground as she sprayed the rest of them before dropping the can, the couple sprinting back in the direction of the car they had been in earlier.

Without a thought, she jumped into the bed of the truck while John B got into the driver's seat, beginning to drive off. However, one of the cops had been very fast as he was right behind the car, grabbing ahold of Y/n's feet. Roughly, she was kicking his hands off of her before her foot met his face, sending him right to the ground before John B was driving away from the house.

Minutes and minutes go by as Y/n catches her breath, seating herself up on the small seats that were on the bed of the truck. Feeling the strands of her hair stick to the sweat on her face, she reaches up and pulls it off, resting her elbows on her knees as she waited until they got far enough so John B could park.

Eventually, the brunette did just so as they stopped just near a restaurant, the Maybank girl hopping off the bed as John B found himself excitedly getting out of the driver's seat of the truck.