15: 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

Celebrating their success for retrieving the drone, John B drove themselves to The Wreck after Kiara came up with the idea of hoping they could get some food from her father. The five friends stomachs had continue to growl in hunger the whole time they drove.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Y/n comments as they all hop out once John B stopped in front of the restaurant.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ says.

"It would not be pretty." Pope states.

Kiara led her four friends inside her family restaurant, walking over and greeting her father while the others walk past them and past the tables, standing all together awkwardly. The four found themselves eyeing the food on the plates that other people had ordered and were currently eating in front of them.

As they continue to stand there, the four take their eyes away from the food, then seeing Kiara and her father looking over at them, making them all wave at the father and daughter awkwardly before they talk again.

"Sit down." Kie eventually instructs as she turns to her friends.

Excited grins on their faces, the four do as told, sighing in relief as they sit down at the biggest table. Kiara's father had soon walked out with food in his hands, the five teenagers eagerly digging in.

For a little while, the teenagers all just sat at the table, tossing food to one another and also eating it themselves. Just as Kie came back out to fill their glasses of water, a song came on from the speakers. Glancing between John B and Y/n, she turned to JJ, silently talking to him while motioning between the two.

Nodding in agreement, JJ got to his feet, grabbing his little sister's hand as Kiara did the same with John B. The blonde danced with his sister a little before him and Kie got John B and Y/n facing each other, standing in front of one another.

With a big smiles, the two started dancing with each other, moving their bodies to the rhythm of the song currently playing. John B took Y/n by her hand, lifting his arm and twirling her around, listening to the small giggle that escaped her.

Kie and JJ stood side by side as they watched the two dancing with each other. Glancing to one another, the two share a small fist bump with proud smiles laying on their faces.

***

The next day, the five friends found themselves at the docks, using the drone they 'borrowed' from the salvage yard the day before. Y/n and John B found themselves swimming under the water together in front of the camera while the other three stood on the docks on the other end of the camera.

John B pressed his face up against the camera slightly, making multiple faces at it before swimming backwards slightly, sending a thumbs up to his friends through the drone.

"What's this right here?" JJ asks, reaching out to touch something.

Pope slaps his hand away. "Don't touch that. I'm trying to work out this thing."

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man." JJ comments. "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"Technically, it's not a drone. It's an ROV." Pope corrects.

"Shut up. It's too early for that right now." JJ tells him, watching his best friend and sister resurface from the water.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B informs.

"It's such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ questions.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope states.